Velocity Reviews

-   -   poison ivy (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t473258-poison-ivy.html)

W.Henry 07-11-2006 12:23 AM

poison ivy

Ok folks, this is serious:
My wife and daughter were doing yard work last week and got a mad case of
poison ivy . They tried everything from calamine lotion to witch
hazel,bleach and god knows what else.Anyihystimines like benedryl helped
stop the itching for awhile but after about 4 hours it comes back.Anyone
out there have any folk cures or things like that to help? This isn't a joke
and I'm as serious as a heart attack.
Thanks in advance,
Will

Old Gringo 07-11-2006 12:27 AM

Re: poison ivy

http://altnature.com/jewelweed.htm

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov 07-11-2006 12:33 AM

Re: poison ivy

Old Gringo <NoEmail@ThisOldHouse.Con> wrote:

|>Without Any Hesitation, W.Henry Wrote The Following:
|>> Ok folks, this is serious:
|>> My wife and daughter were doing yard work last week and got a mad case of
|>> poison ivy . They tried everything from calamine lotion to witch
|>> hazel,bleach and god knows what else.Anyihystimines like benedryl helped
|>> stop the itching for awhile but after about 4 hours it comes back.Anyone
|>> out there have any folk cures or things like that to help? This isn't a joke
|>> and I'm as serious as a heart attack.
|>> Thanks in advance,
|>> Will

|>http://altnature.com/jewelweed.htm

Should be in bloom and all over... http://tinyurl.com/ev6jj google
pix.

--
http://media.putfile.com/PurePwnage-WoWisafeeling

W.Henry 07-11-2006 12:58 AM

Re: poison ivy

:
[...]
: --
: http://media.putfile.com/PurePwnage-WoWisafeeling

Thanks good people,I need to go to the creek and find me some
Jewelweed....after work tomorrow that is :)

JANA 07-11-2006 01:59 AM

Re: poison ivy

Below is one of the best articles I have seen about how to deal with poison
ivy.

http://www.stretcher.com/stories/990823a.cfm

--

JANA
_____

Gordon 07-11-2006 07:45 AM

Re: poison ivy

"W.Henry" <whenry21214@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message
> Ok folks, this is serious:
> My wife and daughter were doing yard work last week and got a mad case of
> poison ivy . They tried everything from calamine lotion to witch
> hazel,bleach and god knows what else.Anyihystimines like benedryl helped
> stop the itching for awhile but after about 4 hours it comes back.Anyone
> out there have any folk cures or things like that to help? This isn't a
> joke
> and I'm as serious as a heart attack.
> Thanks in advance,
> Will

Rhus Tox - it's a homeopathic remedy and we have used it for itching chicken
pox spots with great effect.

Leythos 07-11-2006 02:39 PM

Re: poison ivy

In article <4hh333F1qul3lU1@individual.net>,
gordon@lgbpcomputing.co.uk.invalid says...
> "W.Henry" <whenry21214@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Ok folks, this is serious:
> > My wife and daughter were doing yard work last week and got a mad case of
> > poison ivy . They tried everything from calamine lotion to witch
> > hazel,bleach and god knows what else.Anyihystimines like benedryl helped
> > stop the itching for awhile but after about 4 hours it comes back.Anyone
> > out there have any folk cures or things like that to help? This isn't a
> > joke
> > and I'm as serious as a heart attack.
> > Thanks in advance,>

> Rhus Tox - it's a homeopathic remedy and we have used it for itching chicken
> pox spots with great effect.

I've been fighting PI for over two weeks and over last weekend it spread
to my hands to the point that it was painful to use them. Like the OP, I
had already tried everything on the market that I could get OC.

I went to the doc on Monday AM, was given Prednisone, and today I
already see a big difference. While I don't like taking pills, this
Prednisone is working very well.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

Meat Plow 07-11-2006 03:12 PM

Re: poison ivy

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 14:39:32 +0000, Leythos wrote:

> In article <4hh333F1qul3lU1@individual.net>,
> gordon@lgbpcomputing.co.uk.invalid says...
>> "W.Henry" <whenry21214@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > Ok folks, this is serious:
>> > My wife and daughter were doing yard work last week and got a mad
>> > case of poison ivy . They tried everything from calamine lotion to
>> > witch hazel,bleach and god knows what else.Anyihystimines like
>> > benedryl helped stop the itching for awhile but after about 4 hours it
>> > comes back.Anyone out there have any folk cures or things like that to
>> > help? This isn't a joke
>> > and I'm as serious as a heart attack. Thanks in advance,>

>> Rhus Tox - it's a homeopathic remedy and we have used it for itching
>> chicken pox spots with great effect.

> I've been fighting PI for over two weeks and over last weekend it spread
> to my hands to the point that it was painful to use them. Like the OP, I
> had already tried everything on the market that I could get OC.
>
> I went to the doc on Monday AM, was given Prednisone, and today I already
> see a big difference. While I don't like taking pills, this Prednisone is
> working very well.

Just take Benedryl every 4 hours until the PI runs its course.
--
COOSN-266-06-25794

ellis_jay 07-11-2006 03:45 PM

Re: poison ivy

Meat Plow wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 14:39:32 +0000, Leythos wrote:
>
>> In article <4hh333F1qul3lU1@individual.net>,
>> gordon@lgbpcomputing.co.uk.invalid says...
>>> "W.Henry" <whenry21214@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Rhus Tox - it's a homeopathic remedy and we have used it for itching
>>> chicken pox spots with great effect.

>> I've been fighting PI for over two weeks and over last weekend it
>> spread to my hands to the point that it was painful to use them.
>> Like the OP, I had already tried everything on the market that I
>> could get OC.
>>
>> I went to the doc on Monday AM, was given Prednisone, and today I
>> already see a big difference. While I don't like taking pills, this
>> Prednisone is working very well.

> Just take Benedryl every 4 hours until the PI runs its course.

Someone already posed this:

http://altnature.com/jewelweed.htm

It grows all around this area........

___Sador the carpenter to Turin
Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales

Ellis_Jay

Leythos 07-11-2006 03:53 PM

Re: poison ivy

In article <pan.2006.07.11.15.12.55.507000@nntp.sun-meatplow.local>,
meat@meatplow.local says...
> On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 14:39:32 +0000, Leythos wrote:
>
> > In article <4hh333F1qul3lU1@individual.net>,
> > gordon@lgbpcomputing.co.uk.invalid says...
> >> "W.Henry" <whenry21214@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Rhus Tox - it's a homeopathic remedy and we have used it for itching
> >> chicken pox spots with great effect.

> > I've been fighting PI for over two weeks and over last weekend it spread
> > to my hands to the point that it was painful to use them. Like the OP, I
> > had already tried everything on the market that I could get OC.
> >
> > I went to the doc on Monday AM, was given Prednisone, and today I already
> > see a big difference. While I don't like taking pills, this Prednisone is
> > working very well.

> Just take Benedryl every 4 hours until the PI runs its course.

I tried that for a couple days and it didn't seem to help - it actually
made the rash/bumps inflamed... I can already see a big difference after
1 day of taking the Prednisone.