Velocity Reviews

-   -   Recover Administrator password in Windows 2000 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t47309-recover-administrator-password-in-windows-2000-a.html)

Eric Lai 10-28-2003 12:29 PM

Recover Administrator password in Windows 2000

how to recover admin passwd in windows 2000 OS?
I know windows XP can recover by creating password recover diskette

pastypies 10-28-2003 12:35 PM

Re: Recover Administrator password in Windows 2000

I don't know how to recover a forgotton admin password from a 2000 system,
but you reset it with a Linux boot disk.

Rowdy 10-28-2003 01:53 PM

Re: Recover Administrator password in Windows 2000

from my experience, this method doesn't work if the box is patched.
modifying the SAM files with linux boot dsk renders the account unusable. i
don't know full details, but may have something to the with the encryption
alogarithm. if someone does know the full details, please post.

try @stake.com. if the password isn;t too complex and certain criteria
exist, you might be able to savlage. again, a big "if". once the box is
patched up, it gets harder & harder.

good luck

"pastypies" <pastypies@bum.mil> wrote in
news:3f9e62b3$0$28123$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.a u:

Consultant 10-28-2003 03:12 PM

Re: Recover Administrator password in Windows 2000

http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html

Eric Lai 10-29-2003 11:09 AM

Re: Recover Administrator password in Windows 2000

well, i have try this method
a)For FAT partition
-Boot to dos
-Go to Winnt\System32\Config
-Delete Sam and sam.log files
-Restart PC
-Login with Built in Administrator with Blank password

b)For NTFS partition, need to boot using other HDD,
-Delete those files mention above.

Marlin Munrow 10-29-2003 06:54 PM

Re: Recover Administrator password in Windows 2000

I suggest you go to google
Look for Petter Nordahl

http://www.securiteam.com/tools/6T00D0A35S.html

and download a tool that will crack NT4, Win2K, xp PRO even when it is
syskeyed