Velocity Reviews

-   -   Shortcuts fail to work. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t472830-shortcuts-fail-to-work.html)

ellis_jay 06-29-2006 07:12 AM

Shortcuts fail to work.

My Google desktop shortcut failed -some other shortcuts failed the next day.
It happened again today. I clicked on Internet explorer shortcut and it
worked, then filling the address bar with the short cut addresses (www's) I
could connect to Google and to the other websites. Any one ever have this
happen? Maybe deleting the shortcut and sending a new one to the desktop
may fix the problem? But what is the problem that could cause this?
Pre-senile dementia of my cyborg?

tia

___Sador the carpenter to Turin
Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales

Ellis_Jay

ellis_jay 06-29-2006 11:23 PM

Re: Shortcuts fail to work.

ellis_jay wrote:
> My Google desktop shortcut failed -some other shortcuts failed the
> next day. It happened again today. I clicked on Internet explorer
> shortcut and it worked, then filling the address bar with the short
> cut addresses (www's) I could connect to Google and to the other
> websites. Any one ever have this happen? Maybe deleting the
> shortcut and sending a new one to the desktop may fix the problem?
> But what is the problem that could cause this? Pre-senile dementia of
> my cyborg?
>
> tia

For the heck of it I uninstalled netveda.net firewall and re-installed Zone
Alarm. Now I am fit as a fiddle. I don't know why netveda firewall was
messing with opening web shortcut links (as in no action at all)-may be that
I did not know just how the firewall should have been configured....---back
to good old ZA.