Velocity Reviews

-   -   Signatures (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t472533-signatures.html)

Jean-Pierre Gauthier 06-21-2006 10:51 AM

Signatures

The signature I created for my emails in OE show up in bold (which is what I
want) when I use CREATE MAIL and plain text when I use the REPLY function.

How can I have both come up the same way?

Thanks to the good soul,

Jean-Pierre Gauthier
Président
Association de Généalogie des familles Gauthier (AGFG)
Gauthier2022@can.rogers.com

Whiskers 06-21-2006 11:57 AM

Re: Signatures

On 2006-06-21, Jean-Pierre Gauthier <gauthier2022@sprint.ca> wrote:
> The signature I created for my emails in OE show up in bold (which is what I
> want) when I use CREATE MAIL and plain text when I use the REPLY function.

Your signature (and any other 'formatting' or 'rich text' or 'HTML' in
your messages) won't necessarily look the same to your recipients as it
does to you. Plain Text is the only thing that you can be sure anyone else
will even be able to read easily - the settings they have on their own
software will display it in the size, colours, font, etc, that suits them.

Plain text also uses far less bandwidth for the same message, which saves
time and possibly money for you and your recipient.

You probably have your email program set up to 'reply' to messages using
'plain text' if the message was sent to you as plain text. That is polite
and considerate and just as it should be.

> How can I have both come up the same way?

There is probably a setting to make your email program send all messages
in 'rich text' or 'HTML'. Please don't use it though; it makes your
emails look like spam and it doesn't enhance the impression you make on
people - unless they have confirmed to you that they actually /want/ you
to write to them in HTML, in which case their emails to you are probably
in HTML too.

> Thanks to the good soul,
>
> Jean-Pierre Gauthier
> Président
> Association de Généalogie des familles Gauthier (AGFG)
> Gauthier2022@can.rogers.com

That last part is the sort of thing that should really be put in a
signature, not as part of the actual message ;))

--
-- Whiskers