Velocity Reviews

-   -   Mystery toolbar - Bookmark Dashboard - want it gone ! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t472513-mystery-toolbar-bookmark-dashboard-want-it-gone.html)

English Patient 06-20-2006 09:07 PM

Mystery toolbar - Bookmark Dashboard - want it gone !

I have WindowsXP

When I do a right-mouse-click with the mouse pointing just to the right of
Message & Help I get the following:

Standard Buttons
Address Bar
Links
Lock The Toolbars
Norton Internet Security
Norton Antivirus
AOL Toolbar
Flashget Bar
Bookmark Dashboard

I don't know where this Bookmark Dashboard came from and want to
remove it.

Searching for Dashboard gives me: nothing :(

Any ideas ?

EP.

joevan 06-20-2006 09:40 PM

Re: Mystery toolbar - Bookmark Dashboard - want it gone !

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 22:07:16 +0100, "English Patient"
<my_castle@the_edge_of_the_cliff.com> wrote:

>Bookmark Dashboard

Try here.
http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...mark+Dashboard
and for the same reason."

English Patient 06-20-2006 09:54 PM

Re: Mystery toolbar - Bookmark Dashboard - want it gone, and yes I did try google first

"joevan" <joevanudity@joevanudity.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 22:07:16 +0100, "English Patient"
> <my_castle@the_edge_of_the_cliff.com> wrote:
>
>>Bookmark Dashboard

> Try here.
> http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...mark+Dashboard
> --
> "Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently
> and for the same reason."

I did the google thing before asking my question.

Couldn't find anyone else having a problem removing their
Boomakr Dashboard.

so I came here.

EP.

joevan 06-20-2006 11:29 PM

Re: Mystery toolbar - Bookmark Dashboard - want it gone, and yes I did try google first

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 22:54:12 +0100, "English Patient"
<my_castle@the_edge_of_the_cliff.com> wrote:

>"joevan" <joevanudity@joevanudity.com> wrote in message
>news:5sqg92561j0bt6rg2t5d4e7qld82ed7v7e@4ax.com.. .
>> On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 22:07:16 +0100, "English Patient"
>> <my_castle@the_edge_of_the_cliff.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Bookmark Dashboard

>> Try here.
>> http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...mark+Dashboard
>> --
>> "Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently
>> and for the same reason."

>I did the google thing before asking my question.
>
>Couldn't find anyone else having a problem removing their
>Boomakr Dashboard.
>
>so I came here.
>
>EP.

You mean you are the sole person to have a problem with it?
and for the same reason."

English Patient 06-21-2006 12:38 AM

> On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 22:54:12 +0100, "English Patient"
> <my_castle@the_edge_of_the_cliff.com> wrote:
>

>>"joevan" <joevanudity@joevanudity.com> wrote in message
>>news:5sqg92561j0bt6rg2t5d4e7qld82ed7v7e@4ax.com. ..

>>> Try here.
>>> http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...mark+Dashboard
>>> --
>>> "Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently
>>> and for the same reason."

>>I did the google thing before asking my question.
>>
>>Couldn't find anyone else having a problem removing their
>>Boomakr Dashboard.
>>
>>so I came here.
>>
>>EP.
>>

> You mean you are the sole person to have a problem with it?
> --
> "Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently
> and for the same reason."

Looks like it.

Googling for "bookmark dashboard" + ( problem or remove or removal )
give 6 hits, helpful ones = 0

EP.

Plato 06-22-2006 07:21 PM

Re: Mystery toolbar - Bookmark Dashboard - want it gone !

Get rid of all those toobars and toobar utils. Get rid of NIS.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/