Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   MCSE (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f25-mcse.html)
-   -   IT Jobs Returning to the U.S.? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t47234-it-jobs-returning-to-the-u-s.html)

Bobster123 10-22-2003 03:40 AM

IT Jobs Returning to the U.S.?
 
http://news.com.com/2100-1022_3-5094...l?tag=nefd_top

Caffeine Fix 10-22-2003 11:51 AM

Re: IT Jobs Returning to the U.S.?
 
Filled with propoganda...it shows a little pronise, but not enough to get
your hopes up. Moreover, i don't have any illusions that it will return to
the late 90's level.
"Bobster123" <bobster123@aol.com> wrote in message
news:20031021234052.08032.00001139@mb-m11.aol.com...
> http://news.com.com/2100-1022_3-5094...l?tag=nefd_top




billyw 10-22-2003 12:33 PM

Re: IT Jobs Returning to the U.S.?
 
this is nothing more than bush cronies worrying about the "jobless recovery"
it's electioneering pure and simple.
the jobs are gone, they aint coming back unless you want to work for a few
rupees.

"Bobster123" <bobster123@aol.com> wrote in message
news:20031021234052.08032.00001139@mb-m11.aol.com...
> http://news.com.com/2100-1022_3-5094...l?tag=nefd_top




Jtyc 10-22-2003 01:40 PM

Re: IT Jobs Returning to the U.S.?
 
> the jobs are gone, they aint coming back unless you want to work for a few
> rupees.


That's crazy talk. The market is going up. Companies have trimmed to the
bone, that means any extra revenue goes straight to their bottom line. Once
that happens, the companies that haven't been upgrading for the last 2 years
or so will suddenly have a little extra money to spend.


Bloody pessimist...



billyw 10-22-2003 02:00 PM

Re: IT Jobs Returning to the U.S.?
 
okay bottom lines going up..
ceo.."hey look guys this outsourcing to bongo bongo land works a treat. lets
ditch more of those stupid arsed yanks and tell them to look to the future"

blind optimist

"Jtyc" <yo@respondtothegroup.com> wrote in message
news:ukj9$GKmDHA.2732@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > the jobs are gone, they aint coming back unless you want to work for a

few
> > rupees.

>
> That's crazy talk. The market is going up. Companies have trimmed to the
> bone, that means any extra revenue goes straight to their bottom line.

Once
> that happens, the companies that haven't been upgrading for the last 2

years
> or so will suddenly have a little extra money to spend.
>
>
> Bloody pessimist...
>
>




Jtyc 10-22-2003 02:35 PM

Re: IT Jobs Returning to the U.S.?
 
> ceo.."hey look guys this outsourcing to bongo bongo land works a treat.
lets
> ditch more of those stupid arsed yanks and tell them to look to the

future"
>
> blind optimist


So you think they are going to give the job of designing and building new
infrastructure to Indians?



Consultant 10-22-2003 02:43 PM

Re: IT Jobs Returning to the U.S.?
 
actually, tech jobs are starting to remain, but the salaries are being
driven down. with the exception of those of us with many years experience.


"Bobster123" <bobster123@aol.com> wrote in message
news:20031021234052.08032.00001139@mb-m11.aol.com...
> http://news.com.com/2100-1022_3-5094...l?tag=nefd_top




billyw 10-22-2003 03:00 PM

Re: IT Jobs Returning to the U.S.?
 
yes

"Jtyc" <yo@respondtothegroup.com> wrote in message
news:uUdDzlKmDHA.3316@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > ceo.."hey look guys this outsourcing to bongo bongo land works a treat.

> lets
> > ditch more of those stupid arsed yanks and tell them to look to the

> future"
> >
> > blind optimist

>
> So you think they are going to give the job of designing and building new
> infrastructure to Indians?
>
>




Jtyc 10-22-2003 03:07 PM

Re: IT Jobs Returning to the U.S.?
 
> yes

How do you propose they do that over the phone?



billyw 10-22-2003 03:14 PM

Re: IT Jobs Returning to the U.S.?
 
they wont.
simple case of shipping them in for the duration of the project, probably
get round visa restrictions thus and ship them out. It's happening already.

the rest is done remotely..
least geo and his cronies will get a good bonus

"Jtyc" <yo@respondtothegroup.com> wrote in message
news:ePXbo3KmDHA.424@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > yes

>
> How do you propose they do that over the phone?
>
>





All times are GMT. The time now is 12:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.