Velocity Reviews

-   -   "View Available Wireless Networks" Problem. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t472240-view-available-wireless-networks-problem.html)

lukus2005@gmail.com 06-13-2006 03:40 PM

"View Available Wireless Networks" Problem.

My friend's computer was infected with a virus after which, she lost
internet connectivity. I did a Windows repair which re-established her
connection however, if I click on "View Available Wireless Networks",
the "Wireless Network Connection" box is all grayed out except for the
Cancel button. No wireless networks shows up even though she's
connected wirelessly to my router and she can surf no problem.

Any ideas as to why it won't show anything?

TIA

Walter Mautner 06-13-2006 06:00 PM

Re: "View Available Wireless Networks" Problem.

lukus2005@gmail.com wrote:

> My friend's computer was infected with a virus after which, she lost
> internet connectivity. I did a Windows repair which re-established her
> connection however, if I click on "View Available Wireless Networks",
> the "Wireless Network Connection" box is all grayed out except for the
> Cancel button. No wireless networks shows up even though she's
> connected wirelessly to my router and she can surf no problem.
>
> Any ideas as to why it won't show anything?

Probably because there is another driver sitting on top of windows wireless
assistent. There should be some icon sitting near the clock.
Most of these drivers have a checkbox labelled somehow like "let windows
manage wireless network connection".