Velocity Reviews

-   -   MCPs (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t47195-mcps.html)

Peter 10-18-2003 07:25 PM

MCPs

I have two MCPs I earned in 2001, however I had to pullout
of the course for personal reasons, now I can start-up
again, I was just curious as to how long my MCPs would
remain valid ?

Thanks
Pete

Thierry DEMAN \(MVP\) 10-19-2003 07:40 AM

Re: MCPs

Hello,

it depends on the MCP itself... some MCP had to be upgraded...

Now, Microsoft changed the policy... Since NT4, you cannot lose your
certification, BUT, you must indicate the exact version...

So you can allways say that you are MCP on 2 subjects!!!

Bye.
--
Thierry DEMAN-BARCELÒ
MVP Exchange,SQL/Server

"Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have two MCPs I earned in 2001, however I had to pullout
> of the course for personal reasons, now I can start-up
> again, I was just curious as to how long my MCPs would
> remain valid ?
>
> Thanks
> Pete

10-19-2003 06:12 PM

Re: MCPs

That sounds like good news, I have two MCPs (Win2k)
I think I will go on to complete MCSA.

Thanks for the help.

Pete

MCSE uk 10-29-2003 01:59 PM

Re: MCPs

MCPs never expire, but the requirements for the
certifications can change, if your mcp is removed from
the requirements (or retired) as Microsoft call it
you lose the certification and have to take another MCP
to get the certification back