Velocity Reviews

-   -   70-297 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t47119-70-297-a.html)

Marlin Munrow 10-12-2003 10:41 PM

70-297

Any recommendations on home study materials for this exam ?

Just about everything I search for right now is about to be released,
does anyone know of any good books actually in print right now ?

Herb Martin 10-13-2003 12:42 AM

Re: 70-297

You really cannot beat the ONLINE Help in Win2003

Also a very focused review:

Windows Server 2003 Delta Guide (SAMS) by Don Jones & Rouse

Sometimes the accuracy is a little poor but this seems to be largely
restricted to cases where they claim a "feature is new in Win2003" when
it was actually present in Win2000 Server.

My guess after looking at help for new features a lot: The Help sometimes
lists all the "new features" including new in EITHER Win2000 or Win2003.

Not so bad for Help but for a book that focuses on Differences in these
two specific versions it is distracting. My guess is the authors may have
relied on help for the "list of features" not realizing what the Help
authors
were calling "new".

An excellent book if you just trust it on technical details (or verify for
yourself.)

--
Herb Martin

Marlin Munrow 10-15-2003 11:48 AM