Velocity Reviews

-   -   Passed 070-220 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t47091-passed-070-220-a.html)

Brendon Rogers 10-10-2003 09:15 PM

Passed 070-220

Designing Security for a Microsoft Windows 2000 Network.

Passing score: 675 (so 27 out of a possible 40).

I passed in just over an hour, so wasn't too bad. Used the Microsoft Press
Microsoft Enterprise Learning Library.

This is the 5th Windows 2000 exam I have done and I would say its much
easier than 216 - probably on a par with 217. My first 4 Windows 2000 exams
only gave a "Pass", no indication of score. This one gave the actual score
although it didn't give a per-topic breakdown which the NT4 exams of old
did.

brianz 10-11-2003 01:08 PM

Re: Passed 070-220

Congratulations!! I agree this exam wasn't that difficult.

Regards
Brian
MCSA, MCSE

MCSE World 10-11-2003 08:17 PM

Re: Passed 070-220

CONGRATULATIONS!! :)

Best,
Will
www.mcseworld.com

Brendon Rogers 10-11-2003 10:35 PM

Re: Passed 070-220

I agree - 216 isn't that bad, but compared to 210 and 215 its more
difficult. 210 and 215 you should be able to pass with almost no studying if
you work with Pro and Server.

Darko Gavrilovic 10-12-2003 12:24 AM

Re: Passed 070-220

Darko Gavrilovic 10-12-2003 05:52 PM

Re: Passed 070-220

i don't know if i would agree with that. i worked with the os version for a
couple of years and still had to learn & study lots to pass.

alot of the stuff (e.g. recovery procedures e.t.c..) is not based on real
world. it's microsoft's way of how you should do it, and they test you
based on that, not how you would do it in real world.

i took some of the instructor let ms courses in my hometown, the instructors
themselves say you got to dump all real world knowledge out the door when
taking the cert exams. they are not based on real world scenarios and if
you think too much or get fancy - you will get the questions wrong.

i used www.selftestsoftware.com, recommened by the training facility, for my
exam preps. so far, they have been pretty good. the questions trian you to
look for clues in the question as to what they are loking for in the
answer. hope that makes sense.

cheers,

Brendon Rogers wrote:

> I agree - 216 isn't that bad, but compared to 210 and 215 its more
> difficult. 210 and 215 you should be able to pass with almost no studying
> if you work with Pro and Server.
>
> "Darko Gavrilovic" <dgavrilovic@nospamplease.com> wrote in message
>> Brendon Rogers wrote:
>>
>> > Designing Security for a Microsoft Windows 2000 Network.
>> >
>> > Passing score: 675 (so 27 out of a possible 40).
>> >
>> > I passed in just over an hour, so wasn't too bad. Used the Microsoft

> Press
>> > Microsoft Enterprise Learning Library.
>> >
>> > This is the 5th Windows 2000 exam I have done and I would say its much
>> > easier than 216 - probably on a par with 217. My first 4 Windows 2000
>> > exams only gave a "Pass", no indication of score. This one gave the

> actual
>> > score although it didn't give a per-topic breakdown which the NT4 exams

> of
>> > old did.

>> congrats! good to hear that this one isn't too bad. I was considering
>> side stepping it 'cause i thought it was gonna be a bitch to pass.
>>
>> i passed the 70-216 this past Friday. It wasnt quite as bad as people
>> make it out to be. If you know your stuff, you will be okay...i think.
>>
>> cheers,

Darko Gavrilovic, MCP

Marlin Munrow 10-12-2003 10:30 PM

Re: Passed 070-220

Congrats
a hard exam

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 17:15:59 -0400, "Brendon Rogers"

Yoshi 10-26-2003 07:43 PM

Re: Passed 070-220

Well, good for you. I took it a couple of years ago and failed, I
thought the terminology they used was completely alien.