Velocity Reviews

-   -   need recommendation for antivirus software (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t470868-need-recommendation-for-antivirus-software.html)

deet 05-17-2006 01:04 PM

need recommendation for antivirus software

My Norton AntiVirus 2002 has expired and is non-renewable, so if I
want to continue using Norton I have to upgrade. Is there antiviral
software you can recommend that doesn't take up so much harddrive
space, but is as good or better than Symantecs Norton AV?

TIA

__
Deet

Flying Rat 05-17-2006 01:21 PM

Re: need recommendation for antivirus software

In article <446b1ddd.4824155@localhost>, says...
> My Norton AntiVirus 2002 has expired and is non-renewable, so if I
> want to continue using Norton I have to upgrade. Is there antiviral
> software you can recommend that doesn't take up so much harddrive
> space, but is as good or better than Symantecs Norton AV?
>
> TIA
>
> __
> Deet

Cost $0

www.free-av.com

Cost $0

beenthere 05-17-2006 01:38 PM

<deet> wrote in message news:446b1ddd.4824155@localhost...
> My Norton AntiVirus 2002 has expired and is non-renewable, so if I
> want to continue using Norton I have to upgrade. Is there antiviral
> software you can recommend that doesn't take up so much harddrive
> space, but is as good or better than Symantecs Norton AV?

AVG free from Grisoft
http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

Leythos 05-17-2006 02:10 PM

Re: need recommendation for antivirus software

In article <446b1ddd.4824155@localhost>, deet says...
> My Norton AntiVirus 2002 has expired and is non-renewable, so if I
> want to continue using Norton I have to upgrade. Is there antiviral
> software you can recommend that doesn't take up so much harddrive
> space, but is as good or better than Symantecs Norton AV?

http://www.av-comparatives.org/

Check the ratings of the different AV solutions here, AVG is not rated
high and people will recommend it.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

deet 05-17-2006 03:17 PM

Re: need recommendation for antivirus software

On Wed, 17 May 2006 14:21:03 +0100, Flying Rat <me9@privacy.net>
wrote:

deet

>Cost $0
>
>www.free-av.com
>
>Cost $0

Thanks, I'll check these out -- if nothing else, the price is sure
right.
__
Deet

deet 05-17-2006 03:19 PM

Re: need recommendation for antivirus software

On Wed, 17 May 2006 13:38:11 GMT, "beenthere" <Waiting@Home.com>
wrote:

><deet> wrote in message news:446b1ddd.4824155@localhost...
>> My Norton AntiVirus 2002 has expired and is non-renewable, so if I
>> want to continue using Norton I have to upgrade. Is there antiviral
>> software you can recommend that doesn't take up so much harddrive
>> space, but is as good or better than Symantecs Norton AV?
>>

>AVG free from Grisoft
>http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

Thanks for the info--I'll check it out
__
Deet

deet 05-17-2006 03:22 PM

On Wed, 17 May 2006 14:10:19 GMT, Leythos <void@nowhere.lan> wrote:

>In article <446b1ddd.4824155@localhost>, deet says...
>> My Norton AntiVirus 2002 has expired and is non-renewable, so if I
>> want to continue using Norton I have to upgrade. Is there antiviral
>> software you can recommend that doesn't take up so much harddrive
>> space, but is as good or better than Symantecs Norton AV?

>http://www.av-comparatives.org/
>
>Check the ratings of the different AV solutions here, AVG is not rated
>high and people will recommend it.

Thanks for letting me know about the comparatives.org site. It's
going into my bookmarks right away.

__
Deet

@}-}-------Rosee 05-17-2006 04:06 PM

Re: need recommendation for antivirus software

Not having anything Symantec is better, IMO....Ghost is the only
Norton or Symantec program I will use. An older version of Norton
Ghost at that.

I have been using and recommend highly Kaspersky 6.0. I didn't
like 5.0 much, but looooove 6.0.

I tried out Kaspersky Personal Internet Security 6.0 which has it
all....antivirus, antihacker, antispam, anti-everything. Normally
I also do not like an all-in-one program, but this one is different.
Try it free for thirty days and then make your decision.

http://www.kaspersky.com

Just make sure you uninstall the Symantec "virus" completely, including
the registry and delete the folder from Program Files....and don't forget
the "Live Update" junk either. It can be a pain in the ass to remove, so
good luck!....;o)

pantomime 05-17-2006 05:46 PM

"@}-}-------Rosee" <!!GigAntiCBoSomS!!@Nip..com> wrote in message
> Not having anything Symantec is better, IMO....Ghost is the only

Has pcbutts forgotten to change his socks?

@}-}-------Rosee 05-17-2006 05:56 PM

"pantomime" <grimaldi@behindyou.rr> wrote news:e4fnce$tej$1@emma.aioe.org:

> "@}-}-------Rosee" wrote...
>> Not having anything Symantec is better, IMO....Ghost is the only

> Has pcbutts forgotten to change his socks?

ME? A sockpuppet for PC....BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

This is me and has ALWAYS been me. I'm no sockpuppet.

http://rosee.50megs.com/photo.html

.....at the bottom, below the substitue Easter bunny.