Velocity Reviews

-   -   Pre-burned CD (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t470637-pre-burned-cd.html)

gl 05-10-2006 08:30 AM

Pre-burned CD

Hi friends,

I do not need to buy a machine to burn CDs for my low consumption.
Please advise me if there is any possible way to buy pre-burned CDs
from any source. Preburned CDs will be used for copying all files
as back-up from the hard disk of my pc.

Thanks a lot.

Margolotta 05-10-2006 09:27 AM

Re: Pre-burned CD

On Wed, 10 May 2006 09:30:40 +0100, gl wrote
(in article <4461a4b2$1@127.0.0.1>):

> Hi friends,
>
> I do not need to buy a machine to burn CDs for my low consumption.
> Please advise me if there is any possible way to buy pre-burned CDs
> from any source. Preburned CDs will be used for copying all files
> as back-up from the hard disk of my pc.
>
> Thanks a lot.

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. WTF do you mean by "preburned"?
Mind you, I have lots of "preburned CDs" they came with software on. And how
will your data find its way on to these "preburned CDs"?

Or are you cryptically asking if there's a company that will back up your
data for you? The answer to this is yes, lots, but it's going to cost you a
helluva lot more than a DVD burner and a pack of blank discs. A burner can be
had for 20, a pack of blank DVDs for a fiver, if you shop around.
Professional data back up could cost you hundreds, if not thousands. 25 is
peanuts even if you don't use it that much (and, IMO, data stored on PCs
should be backed up at least once a month, if not weekly).

I know what I'd do...

gr8 05-10-2006 09:46 AM

Re: Pre-burned CD

you must be kidding
there is no way that u will find pre-burned CD that will store your
data or that has ur data. How come u say that somebody has ur data
stored in their CD's,Unless you are willing to spend a lot of money to
let other burn it for u .Let me tell you what a pre-burned CD means, it
means that a CD which is already has some software or data in it which
is available in a market.So u need a machine that is a burned to write
all your data.ok

Flying Rat 05-10-2006 09:55 AM

Re: Pre-burned CD

In article <0001HW.C08770740098883AF0284530@news.ngroups.net> ,
Margolotta says...
> This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. WTF do you mean by "preburned"?
> Mind you, I have lots of "preburned CDs" they came with software on. And how
> will your data find its way on to these "preburned CDs"?

it makes about as much sense as asking

"I haven't got time to change my socks. Can I buy socks with feet
already in them?"

To the OP

You obviously don't understand how it works. CDs are 'burned' when you
write data to them. You can't write data to a CD unless you have a CD
burner. As CD writer drives are now just about as cheap as normal CD
readers then just buy one.

o00o 05-10-2006 11:01 AM

Re: Pre-burned CD

"gr8" <babu.magesh@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1147254397.908634.324780@g10g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
> you must be kidding
> there is no way that u will find pre-burned CD that will store your
> data or that has ur data. How come u say that somebody has ur data
> stored in their CD's,Unless you are willing to spend a lot of money to
> let other burn it for u .Let me tell you what a pre-burned CD means, it
> means that a CD which is already has some software or data in it which
> is available in a market.So u need a machine that is a burned to write
> all your data.ok

What the **** was that supposed to mean?
Could you repeat it please? This time in Swahili...

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?= 05-10-2006 11:05 AM

Re: Pre-burned CD

o00o wrote:
> "gr8" <babu.magesh@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1147254397.908634.324780@g10g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
>
>>you must be kidding
>>there is no way that u will find pre-burned CD that will store your
>>data or that has ur data. How come u say that somebody has ur data
>>stored in their CD's,Unless you are willing to spend a lot of money to
>>let other burn it for u .Let me tell you what a pre-burned CD means, it
>>means that a CD which is already has some software or data in it which
>>is available in a market.So u need a machine that is a burned to write
>>all your data.ok
>>

> What the **** was that supposed to mean?
> Could you repeat it please? This time in Swahili...

Keegee wappa kwinda sasa

The Old Sourdough 05-10-2006 11:16 AM

Re: Pre-burned CD

gl rambled on in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> Hi friends,
>
> I do not need to buy a machine to burn CDs for my low consumption.
> Please advise me if there is any possible way to buy pre-burned CDs
> from any source. Preburned CDs will be used for copying all files
> as back-up from the hard disk of my pc.
>
> Thanks a lot.

No need to buy pre-burned CDs. Just do it yourself. Buy a bunch of CD
blanks, place in microwave oven on "High" setting for 100 seconds. Voila!
Pre-burned CDs. Of course, when you run out of CDs and need another batch,
you'll probably have to buy another microwave, but hey, they're cheap.

--
The Old Sourdough
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has

Meat Plow 05-10-2006 11:20 AM

Re: Pre-burned CD

On Wed, 10 May 2006 16:30:40 +0800, gl wrote:

> Hi friends,
>
> I do not need to buy a machine to burn CDs for my low consumption. Please
> advise me if there is any possible way to buy pre-burned CDs from any
> source. Preburned CDs will be used for copying all files as back-up from
> the hard disk of my pc.
>
> Thanks a lot.

Huh?

The Old Sourdough 05-10-2006 11:37 AM

Re: Pre-burned CD

Mara rambled on in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> On Wed, 10 May 2006 06:16:49 -0500, The Old Sourdough
> <senile@all.times> wrote:

snip

>>No need to buy pre-burned CDs. Just do it yourself. Buy a bunch of CD
>>blanks, place in microwave oven on "High" setting for 100 seconds.
>>Voila! Pre-burned CDs. Of course, when you run out of CDs and need
>>another batch, you'll probably have to buy another microwave, but hey,
>>they're cheap.

> You forgot to mention throwing a few plastic-coated metal twist ties
> on top of the pile in the microwave for that special "lightscribe"
> effect.

You are correct. My bad!

--
The Old Sourdough
I don't mind coming to work, but that twelve hour wait to go home is a

gr8 05-10-2006 12:01 PM

Re: Pre-burned CD

Yeah thats a perfect answer