Velocity Reviews

-   -   Paparazzi (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t470617-paparazzi.html)

turtill@hotmail.com 05-09-2006 07:06 PM

Paparazzi

I have been watching a program about these chaps taking pics and down
their laptops for the photographs?
pete
--
http://www.brazierbridgewood.blogspot.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipswich/

The Old Sourdough 05-09-2006 07:30 PM

Re: Paparazzi

rambled on in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> I have been watching a program about these chaps taking pics and down
> their laptops for the photographs?
> pete
> --
> http://www.brazierbridgewood.blogspot.com/
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipswich/

Could be any one of a few hundred.

--
The Old Sourdough
They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary

Flying Rat 05-09-2006 07:46 PM

Re: Paparazzi

In article <2tp162pb45i5lbtlti9lv55akcr0gva1hd@4ax.com>, says...
> I have been watching a program about these chaps taking pics and down
> their laptops for the photographs?
> pete
> --
> http://www.brazierbridgewood.blogspot.com/
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipswich/

Pete

Most photographers using digital will shoot their pictures using the RAW
format as the jpeg converter in most cameras isn't exactly brilliant. So
I'd think Adobe Photoshop would be the software most likely to be used
by professional photographers.

RAW is exactly what it sounds like; a more raw, uncompressed format.
Unfortunately it's also huge when it comes to file size. A 256MB XD card
in my Fuji 4 megapixel camera can generally only hold about 30 RAW
format pictures.

FR

turtill@hotmail.com 05-09-2006 08:34 PM

Re: Paparazzi

On Tue, 09 May 2006 14:30:11 -0500, The Old Sourdough
<senile@all.times> wrote:

> rambled on in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
>> I have been watching a program about these chaps taking pics and down
>> their laptops for the photographs?

>Could be any one of a few hundred.

Well yes, most of us can do the same with our boxes. I was just
wondering if paparazzi use a particular program because it is standard
throughout the various agencies who buy pics?
pete

turtill@hotmail.com 05-09-2006 08:43 PM

Re: Paparazzi

On Tue, 9 May 2006 20:46:11 +0100, Flying Rat <me9@privacy.net> wrote:

>In article <2tp162pb45i5lbtlti9lv55akcr0gva1hd@4ax.com>, says...
>> I have been watching a program about these chaps taking pics and down
>> their laptops for the photographs?

>Pete
>
>Most photographers using digital will shoot their pictures using the RAW
>format as the jpeg converter in most cameras isn't exactly brilliant. So
>I'd think Adobe Photoshop would be the software most likely to be used
>by professional photographers.

This is what I do not understand. The RAW bit. My mickey mouse camera
will download to my computer and I can use PaintShop Pro to improve
the pics and then mail them as links or as files.

>RAW is exactly what it sounds like; a more raw, uncompressed format.
>Unfortunately it's also huge when it comes to file size. A 256MB XD card
>in my Fuji 4 megapixel camera can generally only hold about 30 RAW
>format pictures.

I have a 128MB memory card in my Canon Digital IXUS 40 and I can get
quite a few snaps on it, many more than 30 but that must be because I
do not shoot RAW format. Indeed I do not even know what RAW format is?
pete

Mitch 05-09-2006 08:56 PM

Re: Paparazzi

<turtill@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have been watching a program about these chaps taking pics and down
> their laptops for the photographs?
> pete
> --
> http://www.brazierbridgewood.blogspot.com/
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipswich/

I don't see what that has to do with paparazzi.
Could you explain why you think those pages have something to do with
paparazzi, or why you care what software they use?

(The quick answer to learn what software they use is to ask the
paparazii or ask where they submit the images.)

Evan Platt 05-09-2006 09:02 PM

Re: Paparazzi

On Tue, 09 May 2006 20:06:22 +0100, turtill@hotmail.com wrote:

>I have been watching a program about these chaps taking pics and down
>their laptops for the photographs?

Umm... probably the software that came with their camera.

Evan Platt 05-09-2006 09:30 PM

Re: Paparazzi

On Tue, 09 May 2006 21:43:37 +0100, turtill@hotmail.com wrote:

>This is what I do not understand. The RAW bit. My mickey mouse camera
>will download to my computer and I can use PaintShop Pro to improve
>the pics and then mail them as links or as files.

They won't come out to the quality of a picture news media uses.
Color bleed, saturation, tones, etc.

>I have a 128MB memory card in my Canon Digital IXUS 40 and I can get
>quite a few snaps on it, many more than 30 but that must be because I
>do not shoot RAW format. Indeed I do not even know what RAW format is?

Flying Rat just explained to you what RAW is.

turtill@hotmail.com 05-10-2006 12:21 AM

Re: Paparazzi

On Tue, 09 May 2006 14:02:50 -0700, Evan Platt
<evan@*******************************> wrote:

>On Tue, 09 May 2006 20:06:22 +0100, turtill@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>>I have been watching a program about these chaps taking pics and down
>>their laptops for the photographs?

>Umm... probably the software that came with their camera.

Really! As straight forward as that. But I suppose their cameras being
multi thousand pound pieces of kit have different software than I
would get with my cheapo Canon IXUS 40. I am just trying to find my
way around here before I spend money on something that does very
little more than what I already have.
pete

turtill@hotmail.com 05-10-2006 12:24 AM

Re: Paparazzi

On Tue, 09 May 2006 14:30:32 -0700, Evan Platt
<evan@*******************************> wrote:

>On Tue, 09 May 2006 21:43:37 +0100, turtill@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>>This is what I do not understand. The RAW bit. My mickey mouse camera
>>will download to my computer and I can use PaintShop Pro to improve
>>the pics and then mail them as links or as files.

>They won't come out to the quality of a picture news media uses.
>Color bleed, saturation, tones, etc.

I see. I wondered how they managed to blow pics up to full page
without blemishes being blown up too.

>>I have a 128MB memory card in my Canon Digital IXUS 40 and I can get
>>quite a few snaps on it, many more than 30 but that must be because I
>>do not shoot RAW format. Indeed I do not even know what RAW format is?

>Flying Rat just explained to you what RAW is.

Yes indeed. I will have to see if my camera will work in RAW format.
pete