Velocity Reviews

-   -   importing settings from Outlook express after reinstall (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t470613-importing-settings-from-outlook-express-after-reinstall.html)

Mike Easter 05-09-2006 06:41 PM

Re: importing settings from Outlook express after reinstall

D.L. Man wrote:

> Outlook express seems to
> be the hardest to fix. I have all my old information and settings
> along with addresses and rules still on the computer but I don't know
> how use them again. Can you help?

Tom Koch's site. Use his section on files and settings to learn where
everything is

http://www.insideoe.com/files/index.htm This section is aimed at users
who wish to understand more about how OE stores information on the
computer. It is recommended that you familiarize yourself with this
section before following the backup procedures described in Backup &
Restore.

then use his backuprestore section

http://www.insideoe.com/backup/index.htm here are three basic
approaches to backing up your Outlook Express files and settings.

--
Mike Easter

D.L. Man 05-09-2006 07:25 PM

importing settings from Outlook express after reinstall

I recently transferred all my information from one HDD to another when one
drive went bad and I didn't copy over some system files and win2k wouldn't
start after that. I had to reinstall windows hoping that it would replace
all the startup files. It didn't and now I have to reinstall all my settings
and software. Outlook express seems to be the hardest to fix. I have all my
old information and settings along with addresses and rules still on the
computer but I don't know how use them again. Can you help?

Thanks.