Velocity Reviews

-   -   Monitor port name (not Mac) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t470503-monitor-port-name-not-mac.html)

Richard Fangnail 05-06-2006 06:43 PM

Monitor port name (not Mac)

What is the exact name for the monitor port on the backs of most
desktop computers? (Not Macintosh) I know what it looks like but I
don't know the exact name.

Thank you.

Trax 05-06-2006 06:52 PM

Re: Monitor port name (not Mac)

"Richard Fangnail" <richardfangnail@excite.com> wrote:

|>What is the exact name for the monitor port on the backs of most
|>desktop computers? (Not Macintosh) I know what it looks like but I
|>don't know the exact name.

Well programmers refer to it as the CON port.

--
*.. )) -::-
. .))

Zitty 05-06-2006 06:53 PM

Re: Monitor port name (not Mac)

"Richard Fangnail" <richardfangnail@excite.com> wrote in message
news:1146941006.922849.73830@y43g2000cwc.googlegro ups.com...
> What is the exact name for the monitor port on the backs of most
> desktop computers? (Not Macintosh) I know what it looks like but I
> don't know the exact name.
>
> Thank you.

Monitor Port

Beck 05-06-2006 06:59 PM

Re: Monitor port name (not Mac)

"Richard Fangnail" <richardfangnail@excite.com> wrote in message
news:1146941006.922849.73830@y43g2000cwc.googlegro ups.com...
> What is the exact name for the monitor port on the backs of most
> desktop computers? (Not Macintosh) I know what it looks like but I
> don't know the exact name.

VGA socket usually.

Mistoffolees 05-06-2006 07:00 PM

Re: Monitor port name (not Mac)

Richard Fangnail wrote:

> What is the exact name for the monitor port on the backs of most
> desktop computers? (Not Macintosh) I know what it looks like but I
> don't know the exact name.
>
> Thank you.

There usually isn't a name but an icon of a monitor. If
any maker were to assign a name, it would probably be
"video", and it would be a female DB-15 port.

Mr C 05-06-2006 07:27 PM

Re: Monitor port name (not Mac)

It is a D-sub female DE-15 VGA connector.

Mr C.

Richard Fangnail has brought this to us :

Whiskers 05-06-2006 07:48 PM

Re: Monitor port name (not Mac)

On 2006-05-06, Beck <beck@removephotoscene.co.uk> wrote:

> "Richard Fangnail" <richardfangnail@excite.com> wrote in message
> news:1146941006.922849.73830@y43g2000cwc.googlegro ups.com...
>> What is the exact name for the monitor port on the backs of most
>> desktop computers? (Not Macintosh) I know what it looks like but I
>> don't know the exact name.

> VGA socket usually.

Or DVI if it's 'digital' rather than 'analogue'.

--
-- Whiskers

Oedipus Rex 05-07-2006 04:56 AM

Re: Monitor port name (not Mac)

Mr C <mr_chaotix@yahoo.com> said in news:mn.34ca7d65e6e2e84c.54346
@yahoo.com:

> It is a D-sub female DE-15 VGA connector.
>
> Mr C.

I knew that........