Velocity Reviews

-   -   Acronis does not find drives (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t470178-acronis-does-not-find-drives.html)

Martin 04-28-2006 06:19 PM

Acronis does not find drives

I have Acronis True Image ver 9.0 Build 2.2245. I created the rescue CD and
booted from it and did a backup from my main HD to my second HD. I also
managed
to verify the back up after booting again from the rescue CD.
I later tried to do a another back up by starting Acronis from Windows XP.
It went to a panel with Source Files Selection but when I clicked on the My
Computer icon to select the drive I wanted to back up a message came up
saying that Truimage had encountered a problem and needed to close. Is this
a known problem, will I always need to back up the HD or individual files
from the CD ?
Derek.

beenthere 04-28-2006 06:39 PM

Re: Acronis does not find drives

"Martin" <martinp@lsomething.com> wrote in message
>I have Acronis True Image ver 9.0 Build 2.2245. I created the rescue CD
>and
> booted from it and did a backup from my main HD to my second HD. I also
> managed
> to verify the back up after booting again from the rescue CD.
> I later tried to do a another back up by starting Acronis from Windows XP.
> It went to a panel with Source Files Selection but when I clicked on the
> My Computer icon to select the drive I wanted to back up a message came up
> saying that Truimage had encountered a problem and needed to close. Is
> this a known problem, will I always need to back up the HD or individual
> files from the CD ?
> Derek.

The wording of the error message is important D.
Rt\click My Computer\Manage\Services and make sure the
Acronis scheduler is running.

Martin 04-28-2006 11:14 PM

"beenthere" <Waiting@Home.com> wrote in message

> "Martin" <martinp@lsomething.com> wrote in message
>>I have Acronis True Image ver 9.0 Build 2.2245. I created the rescue CD
>>and
>> booted from it and did a backup from my main HD to my second HD. I also
>> managed
>> to verify the back up after booting again from the rescue CD.
>> I later tried to do a another back up by starting Acronis from Windows
>> XP. It went to a panel with Source Files Selection but when I clicked on
>> the My Computer icon to select the drive I wanted to back up a message
>> came up saying that Truimage had encountered a problem and needed to
>> close. Is this a known problem, will I always need to back up the HD or
>> individual files from the CD ?
>> Derek.
>>

> The wording of the error message is important D.
> Rt\click My Computer\Manage\Services and make sure the
> Acronis scheduler is running.

It showed as Started - Automatic.
Derek.

old man 04-29-2006 12:49 AM

Re: Acronis does not find drives

It works fine for me, I would suspect something else. Try here
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65