Velocity Reviews

-   -   links do not work in email (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t469650-links-do-not-work-in-email.html)

Michael Bower 04-15-2006 09:53 PM

links do not work in email

does any one know why when i receive a email in outlook expresss. I click on
alink and it does not open. If i copy the address it will work. But
clicking on thelink does not. I have norton installed on my computer too.
Please help.

Jim Byrd 04-15-2006 09:57 PM

Re: links do not work in email

Hi Michael - Try this (Trust me - I did understand that you're talking about
OE :) ).

Go to Start|Run and enter "regsvr32 /i urlmon.dll" (without the quotes).
After you get a Success message, re-boot. If that doesn't work, then check
out the following article and do the additional steps outlined there:

You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens After You
Click a Link

Also see these articles: http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers/27.html
and, Internet Explorer 6.0 Service Pack 1 may display a blank Web page
after you select Auto-Select encoding http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870863

If you're on XP your can try MVP Ramesh's .reg fix here which sometimes can
help:
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/reg/IE...lt_Browser.reg

--
Regards, Jim Byrd, MS-MVP/DTS/AH-VSOP
My Blog, Defending Your Machine, here:

Beauregard T. Shagnasty 04-15-2006 10:00 PM

Re: links do not work in email

Michael Bower wrote:

> does any one know why when i receive a email in outlook expresss. I
> click on alink and it does not open. If i copy the address it will
> work. But clicking on thelink does not. I have norton installed on
> my computer too. Please help.

See the thread "OE dead links" by Jos. Wheeler, earlier today.

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Michael Bower 04-15-2006 10:04 PM

Re: links do not work in email

Thanks Jim,

I will try this out.

news:Zpqdnd60MtHM8dzZnZ2dnUVZ_umdnZ2d@adelphia.com ...

Jos. Wheeler 04-15-2006 10:29 PM

Re: links do not work in email

"Michael Bower" <mikebower@verizon.net> wrote in message
> does any one know why when i receive a email in outlook expresss. I click
> on alink and it does not open. If i copy the address it will work. But
> clicking on thelink does not. I have norton installed on my computer too.
> Please help.

Had the same problem this morning and fixed it by clearing browser cache as
suggested in this NG. Not sure why that worked but it did.

Jos.

Peaches 04-20-2006 11:40 AM

Re: links do not work in email

> Thanks Jim,
>
> I will try this out.

The date of your original post correlates with a MS security patch that
has caused problems, you may have noted the posts of Au79 bringing
our attention to this issue. Here is the MS KB article: