Velocity Reviews

-   -   Canon 30D screens (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t469462-canon-30d-screens.html)

grerob 03-05-2007 02:13 AM

Canon 30D screens

Hello I have a new 30d canon with a 50mm 2,5 macro lens. I had an old
minolta system with manual everything. I miss the on screen focusing
aids - split centre and matt outer in viewfinder aids. Autofocus is
sorta OK until there is a large area of one colour or it is a little
dark, Problem is the lens is hunting all the time in those situations
and then ive got to switch the lens to manual focus and try to guess the
distance on the lens barrel figures because there is no viewfinder aids
to focus.
Question - Is there a chance of installing some kind of focusing screen
in the prism viewfinder to assist focusing in difficult situations?
Thanks from Greg

J. Clarke 03-05-2007 02:45 AM

Re: Canon 30D screens

grerob wrote:
> Hello I have a new 30d canon with a 50mm 2,5 macro lens. I had an
> old minolta system with manual everything. I miss the on screen
> focusing aids - split centre and matt outer in viewfinder aids.
> Autofocus is sorta OK until there is a large area of one colour or it
> is a little dark, Problem is the lens is hunting all the time in
> those situations and then ive got to switch the lens to manual focus
> and try to guess the distance on the lens barrel figures because
> there is no viewfinder aids to focus.
> Question - Is there a chance of installing some kind of focusing
> screen in the prism viewfinder to assist focusing in difficult
> situations? Thanks from Greg

http://www.katzeyeoptics.com

Turns out less useful than I expected and has an impact on some metering
modes.

First, learn to use the focus point selector. If that's not sufficient
for you, then consider the katzeye.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)