Velocity Reviews

-   -   VOIP phone company evaluations?? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t469008-voip-phone-company-evaluations.html)

Jarhead 03-31-2006 08:57 PM

VOIP phone company evaluations??

VIA Talk, ITP, SunRocket, Vonnage, or what are you using? Why?

TIA,

--
Jarhead

Jos. Wheeler 04-01-2006 12:39 PM

Re: VOIP phone company evaluations??

"Jarhead" <baldintexas@excite.com> wrote in message
> VIA Talk, ITP, SunRocket, Vonnage, or what are you using? Why?
>
> TIA,
>
> --
> Jarhead

I've had Vonage about 4 months now.

Generally pretty good call quality/reliability-- but they're still unable to
port my existing landline number to their service. Endless runarounds and
classic customer no-service with world class finger pointing and buck
passing. No one there will take responsibility for my problem and I can't
get them to escalate it to management-- though they are rather courteous and
do apologize a lot.

I'm giving them until April 15th-- then I'm going to pull the plug and go
elsewhere...

WCH 04-01-2006 05:13 PM

Jos. Wheeler wrote:
> "Jarhead" <baldintexas@excite.com> wrote in message
>
>>VIA Talk, ITP, SunRocket, Vonnage, or what are you using? Why?
>>
>>TIA,
>>
>>--
>>Jarhead

> I've had Vonage about 4 months now.
>
> Generally pretty good call quality/reliability-- but they're still unable to
> port my existing landline number to their service. Endless runarounds and
> classic customer no-service with world class finger pointing and buck
> passing. No one there will take responsibility for my problem and I can't
> get them to escalate it to management-- though they are rather courteous and
> do apologize a lot.
>
> I'm giving them until April 15th-- then I'm going to pull the plug and go
> elsewhere...

Have used Vonage for many months and love it. Call quality IS somewhat
dependent on Internet quality but that's obvious. With a good broadband
connection it sounds great, the feature set is huge and the cost is
unbeatable. I travel some and Vonage "follows" me wherever I am,
transparently to callers. I've got mine set to forward to my cell after
15 seconds so I never miss a call, even when Vonage is disconnected.
Vonage rocks.