Velocity Reviews

-   -   Giganews phone number? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t468713-giganews-phone-number.html)

the loner 03-25-2006 02:35 AM

Giganews phone number?

Anyone have a customer service-type phone number forGiganews? I have email
addressses & have looked through their FAQs, but can't come up with
anything. Any help? Thanks

Mike Easter 03-25-2006 03:06 AM

Re: Giganews phone number?

the loner wrote:
> Anyone have a customer service-type phone number forGiganews?

Giga sez they offer only email support, not telephone, telegraph, or
videophone..

How do I contact Giganews?
Giganews provides all support and customer service through email.
http://www.giganews.com/faq.html

addies for sales, support, and billing.

They also have an online webform http://www.giganews.com/contact.html

The domainname registration information, snailmail address for the
corporate offices, telno & faxno in Austin TX are not customer service
numbers.

They occupy Suite 500 in the Terrace II commercial building seen here
from the street
http://pacific.bizjournals.com/bizsp...home=1&t=lease

and here from the air. http://snipurl.com/o495 a snurled googlemaps
hybridview

--
Mike Easter

the loner 03-25-2006 03:32 AM

Re: Giganews phone number?

"Mike Easter" <MikeE@ster.invalid> wrote in message
news:4424b392$0$16012$892e7fe2@authen.yellow.readf reenews.net...
> the loner wrote:
>> Anyone have a customer service-type phone number forGiganews?

> Giga sez they offer only email support, not telephone, telegraph, or
> videophone..
>
> How do I contact Giganews?
> Giganews provides all support and customer service through email.
> http://www.giganews.com/faq.html
>
> addies for sales, support, and billing.

==Yup, got all that

> They also have an online webform http://www.giganews.com/contact.html

==Yup, got all that

> The domainname registration information, snailmail address for the
> corporate offices, telno & faxno in Austin TX are not customer service
> numbers.
>
> They occupy Suite 500 in the Terrace II commercial building seen here
> from the street
> http://pacific.bizjournals.com/bizsp...home=1&t=lease
>
> and here from the air. http://snipurl.com/o495 a snurled googlemaps
> hybridview
>

> --
> Mike Easter

yea, but.....no phone? Guess I could go visit...heh
Thanks for the info Mike
loner

Mike Easter 03-25-2006 04:02 AM

Re: Giganews phone number?

the loner wrote:
> "Mike Easter"

>> Giganews provides all support and customer service through email.

Notice the *all* -- I interpret that as meaning all CS thru' email and
*only* email, no other modality.

> ==Yup, got all that

Be sure to get the nuance I'm emphasizing.. Not just that there are 3
email addies for support and CS, but that that email is the *only*
support they offer. There is no other mode provided, with the exception
of the web form access which I'm sure results in email correspondence,
since an email addy is a required field for the form to work.

> yea, but.....no phone?

Correct. Corporate and domain registration telno, but no customer
service telno.

> Guess I could go visit...heh

Austin TX is a great little city; not so little any more, like it was
in the old days.

Telephone support is very problematic in terms of cost, and a lot of
companies do it very badly. There are many modern day operations which
strongly prefer email and other forms of non-telephone support.

You would think that as a news provider, giganews might have some
support newsgroups on their servers which don't propagate, but I don't
see any mention of it on the site.

--
Mike Easter

the loner 03-25-2006 04:39 AM

Re: Giganews phone number?

"Mike Easter" <MikeE@ster.invalid> wrote in message
news:4424c0db$0$16365$892e7fe2@authen.yellow.readf reenews.net...
> the loner wrote:
>> "Mike Easter"

>>> Giganews provides all support and customer service through email.

> Notice the *all* -- I interpret that as meaning all CS thru' email and
> *only* email, no other modality.
>
>> ==Yup, got all that

> Be sure to get the nuance I'm emphasizing.. Not just that there are 3
> email addies for support and CS, but that that email is the *only*
> support they offer. There is no other mode provided, with the exception
> of the web form access which I'm sure results in email correspondence,
> since an email addy is a required field for the form to work.
>
>> yea, but.....no phone?

> Correct. Corporate and domain registration telno, but no customer
> service telno.
>
>> Guess I could go visit...heh

> Austin TX is a great little city; not so little any more, like it was
> in the old days.
>
> Telephone support is very problematic in terms of cost, and a lot of
> companies do it very badly. There are many modern day operations which
> strongly prefer email and other forms of non-telephone support.
>
> You would think that as a news provider, giganews might have some
> support newsgroups on their servers which don't propagate, but I don't
> see any mention of it on the site.
>

> --
> Mike Easter

Yes, I did understand what you were saying--I was being a little sarcastic.
And yes, the web form access is an email...however, I will say that they
have responded promptly to me (althought not really answering my question).
Many of their answers seem to be being read off a kind of customer support
check list--kinda like comcast
I looked for a giganews newsgroup as well. Ah well, as I said, they at least
reply. I ended up resolving the problem myself, so no big deal...and you're
probably right, actually speaking to customer support sometimes results in
homicidal thoughts, so email only access is probably wise

Vanguard 03-25-2006 05:13 AM

Re: Giganews phone number?

"the loner" <theloner@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Anyone have a customer service-type phone number forGiganews? I have
> email addressses & have looked through their FAQs, but can't come up
> with anything. Any help? Thanks

Did you try calling the phone number listed in their domain
registration?

Post replies to the newsgroup. Share with others.

Clued Weasel 03-25-2006 05:44 AM

Re: Giganews phone number?

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=giganews.com

the loner 03-25-2006 05:45 AM

Re: Giganews phone number?

"Vanguard" <vanguard.news@yahooNIX.com> wrote in message
> "the loner" <theloner@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> Anyone have a customer service-type phone number forGiganews? I have
>> email addressses & have looked through their FAQs, but can't come up with
>> anything. Any help? Thanks
>>

> Did you try calling the phone number listed in their domain registration?

No, actually i don't even know how to do that--can you lead me there?
Thanks!

the loner 03-25-2006 05:53 AM

Re: Giganews phone number?

"Clued Weasel" <theweasel@cluelessweasels.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 18:35:27 -0800, "the loner" <theloner@nowhere.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Anyone have a customer service-type phone number forGiganews? I have email
>>addressses & have looked through their FAQs, but can't come up with
>>anything. Any help? Thanks
>>

> http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=giganews.com

Thank you Weasel!!

Vanguard 03-26-2006 03:18 AM

Re: Giganews phone number?

> "Vanguard" ...
>>
>> "the loner" wrote in message ...
>>>
>>> Anyone have a customer service-type phone number forGiganews? I have
>>> email addressses & have looked through their FAQs, but can't come up
>>> with anything. Any help? Thanks

>> Did you try calling the phone number listed in their domain
>> registration?

> No, actually i don't even know how to do that--can you lead me there?

http://www.dnsstuff.com/

Lots of useful tools there. Use the WhoIs to get the domain
registration for "giganews.com" (just enter the domain, not the hostname
[of "www"]).

Post replies to the newsgroup. Share with others.