Velocity Reviews

-   -   Microsoft Has Stopped Competing with Linux (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t468626-microsoft-has-stopped-competing-with-linux.html)

Au79 03-23-2006 06:32 AM

Microsoft Has Stopped Competing with Linux

LXer - Kerrville,TX,USA

Several recent articles indicate that Microsoft has finally absorbed the
GNU/Linux and so-called Open Source threat.

<http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/56634/>

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?= 03-23-2006 08:16 AM

Re: Microsoft Has Stopped Competing with Linux

Au79 wrote:
> LXer - Kerrville,TX,USA
>
> Several recent articles indicate that Microsoft has finally absorbed the
> GNU/Linux and so-called Open Source threat.
>
> <http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/56634/>

Do you even read these articles before posting this ****? This article
was a long way from being pro-Linux.

Jimchip 03-23-2006 02:35 PM

On 2006-03-23, Au79 <au79@null.net> wrote:
> LXer - Kerrville,TX,USA
>
> Several recent articles indicate that Microsoft has finally absorbed the
> GNU/Linux and so-called Open Source threat.
>
><http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/56634/>

I liked that article, sorta. Here's a few of my favorites:

*"Linux represents what Microsoft now sees as a "me too" platform with little
innovation."* hahahahahahah! and MS is 'innovative'? hahahahahahah

*"Sun represented the major problem for Microsoft during the build out of the
Internet."*
Because MS missed the Internet! 'Innovative'...

This is the big one:
*"Now Microsoft is making concerted effort to speak the language of top
executives.

Why? Because business managers, marketing executives and other non-techies are
increasingly involved in technology purchasing decisions..."*

--
Innovative!...You just wait!...Someday, Vista will come out and then you'll see!