Velocity Reviews

-   -   php and mail () problem. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t468365-php-and-mail-problem.html)

Noone Here 03-18-2006 11:39 AM

php and mail () problem.

I have a question regarding php and the mail () command. I have no
problem creating a script that will mail to the e-mail address of my
domain name, which of course is linked to my hosting. However, I cannot
e-mail other e-mail addresses, only my e-mails at the domain name.

Can anyone suggest why? Could it be a security issue?

Thanks

Dan Evans 03-18-2006 12:13 PM

Re: php and mail () problem.

"Noone Here" <e32948920842@82190402j.com> wrote in message
news:441bf15c$0$19214$a82e6bb9@orc.meganetnews.com ...
>I have a question regarding php and the mail () command. I have no problem
>creating a script that will mail to the e-mail address of my domain name,
>which of course is linked to my hosting. However, I cannot e-mail other
>e-mail addresses, only my e-mails at the domain name.
>
> Can anyone suggest why? Could it be a security issue?

What about an error message/log entry to give us a clue, both from the mail
server and the PHP server.

Dan

Noone Here 03-18-2006 03:25 PM

Re: php and mail () problem.

Dan Evans wrote:

>"Noone Here" <e32948920842@82190402j.com> wrote in message
>news:441bf15c$0$19214$a82e6bb9@orc.meganetnews.co m...
>

>>I have a question regarding php and the mail () command. I have no problem
>>creating a script that will mail to the e-mail address of my domain name,
>>which of course is linked to my hosting. However, I cannot e-mail other
>>e-mail addresses, only my e-mails at the domain name.
>>
>>Can anyone suggest why? Could it be a security issue?
>>

>What about an error message/log entry to give us a clue, both from the mail
>server and the PHP server.
>
>Dan

This is the thing - there are no error logs. All that happens if I try
to use an e-mail account that does not end with my domain name is that
the php form appears to be processed correctly and no e-mail is
received. If I do the same thing but use an e-mail that ends with my
domain name, it works fine.

Georges Khairallah 03-18-2006 09:54 PM

Re: php and mail () problem.

I wonder if your server is using sendmail, and the mailertable is only
allowing mail from and to your local domain.
what happens if you do something like this (assuming you have shell access:
echo "Hello world" |mail 'name@externalemail.com ' ?? ... would you receive
that?

gk