Velocity Reviews

-   -   Registry Cleaner (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t468192-registry-cleaner.html)

rfdjr1@optonline.net 03-14-2006 02:51 PM

Registry Cleaner

Can anyone recommend a good, reliable registry cleaner? I've been using Easy
Clean by Toni Arts for some time now, but I just downloaded a trial version of a
program called Registry Cleaner, from an e-mail ad from C-Net. This program
found what it called 411 invalid entries/problems. However, the trial version
only fixes twenty of them. Rather that try to pick and chose which to fix, I
cancelled the operation. I then ran Easy Cleaner, which only found about 18
problems which makes me now wonder how good Easy Cleaner is. So I'd appreciate
some recommendations as to a good registry cleaner, as my machine seems to be
sluggish lately. I run Adaware and Spybot regularly, as well as Easy Cleaner,
but as I mention, I now wonder about Easy Cleaner. I'm running a Windows XP Pro
machine, on a P-4 3.2Ghz processor and 2Gb RAM if it matters in this query.
Thanks.

vbMark 03-14-2006 02:56 PM

Re: Registry Cleaner

rfdjr1@optonline.net wrote in

If you would have gone to my site http://www.vbmark.com
you would have found http://www.ccleaner.com/

--
Get rated at http://ratemysite.thoughtbattle.com
Get freeware at http://www.vbmark.com

Scraggy 03-14-2006 03:02 PM

Re: Registry Cleaner

rfdjr1@optonline.net wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a good, reliable registry cleaner? I've been
> using Easy Clean by Toni Arts for some time now, but I just
> downloaded a trial version of a program called Registry Cleaner, from
> an e-mail ad from C-Net. This program found what it called 411
> invalid entries/problems. However, the trial version only fixes
> twenty of them. Rather that try to pick and chose which to fix, I
> cancelled the operation. I then ran Easy Cleaner, which only found
> about 18 problems which makes me now wonder how good Easy Cleaner is.
> So I'd appreciate some recommendations as to a good registry cleaner,
> as my machine seems to be sluggish lately. I run Adaware and Spybot
> regularly, as well as Easy Cleaner, but as I mention, I now wonder
> about Easy Cleaner. I'm running a Windows XP Pro machine, on a P-4
> 3.2Ghz processor and 2Gb RAM if it matters in this query. Thanks.

While I don't know anything about RC cos ICBA to check, I would
automatically suspect that it they want your money they will have to prove
their system works.QED.

I would treat it as smoke & mirrors and carry on as you are .

Do you have Spywareblaster installed?
I also use Ewido on an irregular basis, It finds the odd cookie or two.
http://www.ewido.net/en/download/ free for 14 days but then you have to
update manually. No biggie.

members. Groucho Marx

rfdjr1@optonline.net 03-14-2006 03:04 PM

Re: Registry Cleaner

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 14:56:27 GMT, vbMark <no@email.com> wrote:

>rfdjr1@optonline.net wrote in
>news:iold12teta9390bhkkft67ep9kdtilpqa5@4ax.com :
>
>> Can anyone recommend a good, reliable registry cleaner? I've been
>> using Easy Clean by Toni Arts for some time now, but I just downloaded
>> a trial version of a program called Registry Cleaner, from an e-mail
>> ad from C-Net. This program found what it called 411 invalid
>> entries/problems. However, the trial version only fixes twenty of
>> them. Rather that try to pick and chose which to fix, I cancelled the
>> operation. I then ran Easy Cleaner, which only found about 18 problems
>> which makes me now wonder how good Easy Cleaner is. So I'd appreciate
>> some recommendations as to a good registry cleaner, as my machine
>> seems to be sluggish lately. I run Adaware and Spybot regularly, as
>> well as Easy Cleaner, but as I mention, I now wonder about Easy
>> Cleaner. I'm running a Windows XP Pro machine, on a P-4 3.2Ghz
>> processor and 2Gb RAM if it matters in this query. Thanks.
>>

>If you would have gone to my site http://www.vbmark.com
>you would have found http://www.ccleaner.com/

Thanks. I wasn't aware of your site until now. I just downloaded that program
and will give it a try.

rfdjr1@optonline.net 03-14-2006 03:17 PM

Re: Registry Cleaner

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 15:02:56 -0000, "Scraggy" <scraggy@abuseisgoodforyou.org.be>
wrote:

>rfdjr1@optonline.net wrote:
>> Can anyone recommend a good, reliable registry cleaner? I've been
>> using Easy Clean by Toni Arts for some time now, but I just
>> downloaded a trial version of a program called Registry Cleaner, from
>> an e-mail ad from C-Net. This program found what it called 411
>> invalid entries/problems. However, the trial version only fixes
>> twenty of them. Rather that try to pick and chose which to fix, I
>> cancelled the operation. I then ran Easy Cleaner, which only found
>> about 18 problems which makes me now wonder how good Easy Cleaner is.
>> So I'd appreciate some recommendations as to a good registry cleaner,
>> as my machine seems to be sluggish lately. I run Adaware and Spybot
>> regularly, as well as Easy Cleaner, but as I mention, I now wonder
>> about Easy Cleaner. I'm running a Windows XP Pro machine, on a P-4
>> 3.2Ghz processor and 2Gb RAM if it matters in this query. Thanks.

>While I don't know anything about RC cos ICBA to check, I would
>automatically suspect that it they want your money they will have to prove
>their system works.QED.
>
>I would treat it as smoke & mirrors and carry on as you are .
>
>Do you have Spywareblaster installed?
>http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
>I also use Ewido on an irregular basis, It finds the odd cookie or two.
>http://www.ewido.net/en/download/ free for 14 days but then you have to
>update manually. No biggie.

Thanks. I'll give them a try. Is there any harm in running more than one program
to clean out spyware?

@}-}-------Rosee 03-14-2006 03:17 PM

Re: Registry Cleaner

I purchased and use RegSupreme.

http://www.macecraft.com/regsupreme/

I also use RegSeeker:

http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm

rfdjr1@optonline.net wrote

Scraggy 03-14-2006 03:38 PM

Re: Registry Cleaner

rfdjr1@optonline.net wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 15:02:56 -0000, "Scraggy"
> <scraggy@abuseisgoodforyou.org.be> wrote:

>> While I don't know anything about RC cos ICBA to check, I would
>> automatically suspect that it they want your money they will have to
>> prove their system works.QED.
>>
>> I would treat it as smoke & mirrors and carry on as you are .
>>
>> Do you have Spywareblaster installed?
>> http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
>> I also use Ewido on an irregular basis, It finds the odd cookie or
>> two. http://www.ewido.net/en/download/ free for 14 days but then you
>> have to update manually. No biggie.

> Thanks. I'll give them a try. Is there any harm in running more than
> one program to clean out spyware?

Absolutely none, just not at the same time(in the scan mode). FYI
Spywareblaster simply 'immunises' your registry against malware
installation, nothing runs in your processes. Ewido is purely a scanner
after the 14 day trial.

HTH

members. Groucho Marx

Plato 03-14-2006 05:00 PM

Re: Registry Cleaner

rfdjr1@optonline.net wrote:

Easy Cleaner is the MOST conservative cleaner, and therefor, is
RECOMMENDED. Using other cleaners may make your pc unusable.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Harold potter esq 03-14-2006 06:15 PM

Re: Registry Cleaner

I use regvac. Very simple for a simple person like me tho one can use
advanced version on same prog.

Gee Ms rawlings will be pleased with me.

Spuds 03-16-2006 01:42 PM

Re: Registry Cleaner

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 09:51:19 -0500, rfdjr1@optonline.net wrote:

>Can anyone recommend a good, reliable registry cleaner? I've been using Easy
>Clean by Toni Arts for some time now, but I just downloaded a trial version of a
>program called Registry Cleaner, from an e-mail ad from C-Net. This program
>found what it called 411 invalid entries/problems. However, the trial version
>only fixes twenty of them. Rather that try to pick and chose which to fix, I
>cancelled the operation. I then ran Easy Cleaner, which only found about 18
>problems which makes me now wonder how good Easy Cleaner is. So I'd appreciate
>some recommendations as to a good registry cleaner, as my machine seems to be
>sluggish lately. I run Adaware and Spybot regularly, as well as Easy Cleaner,
>but as I mention, I now wonder about Easy Cleaner. I'm running a Windows XP Pro
>machine, on a P-4 3.2Ghz processor and 2Gb RAM if it matters in this query.
>Thanks.

This makes for good reading regarding claims of some registry cleaners;
http://www.informationweek.com/story...leID=171203805
--
Many people would rather die than think;