Velocity Reviews

-   -   Anyone Experiencing Any Yahoo e-Mail problems Today ? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t467997-anyone-experiencing-any-yahoo-e-mail-problems-today.html)

Robert11 03-09-2006 09:34 PM

Anyone Experiencing Any Yahoo e-Mail problems Today ?

Hello:

Live outside of Boston.

Anyone have any problems with Yahoo e-mail service today ?

Not sure if it's my PC hardware, or their network problem.
Before I start delving into my PC, would like to eliminate Yahoo itself as
the problem.

Thanks,
B.

Yddap 03-09-2006 09:59 PM

Re: Anyone Experiencing Any Yahoo e-Mail problems Today ?

"Robert11" <rgsros@notme.com> wrote in message
> Hello:
>
> Live outside of Boston.
>
> Anyone have any problems with Yahoo e-mail service today ?
>
> Not sure if it's my PC hardware, or their network problem.
> Before I start delving into my PC, would like to eliminate Yahoo itself as
> the problem.
>
> Thanks,
> B.

have seen a 7 hour delay to my mailbox from Yahoo today
--

Yddap
Remove guts to reply

philo 03-09-2006 10:13 PM

Re: Anyone Experiencing Any Yahoo e-Mail problems Today ?

"Robert11" <rgsros@notme.com> wrote in message
> Hello:
>
> Live outside of Boston.
>
> Anyone have any problems with Yahoo e-mail service today ?

I just got back from a job...
yahoo was not working.

they had something like 6000 spams they had not emptied...

I emptied the spam and their account suddenly was unclogged!

Their eyes opened in amazement when I emptied all the spam with one click...

they had been doing it one at a time!!!!!!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Toolman Tim 03-10-2006 12:12 AM

Re: Anyone Experiencing Any Yahoo e-Mail problems Today ?

In news:uICdnZq5Qc0DNY3ZnZ2dnUVZ_v6dnZ2d@athenet.net,
philo spewed forth:
> "Robert11" <rgsros@notme.com> wrote in message
>> Hello:
>>
>> Live outside of Boston.
>>
>> Anyone have any problems with Yahoo e-mail service today ?
>>

> I just got back from a job...
> yahoo was not working.
>
> they had something like 6000 spams they had not emptied...
>
> I emptied the spam and their account suddenly was unclogged!
>
> Their eyes opened in amazement when I emptied all the spam with one
> click...
> they had been doing it one at a time!!!!!!!
>

> aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!! I needed that - thanks <g>

philo 03-10-2006 12:54 AM

Re: Anyone Experiencing Any Yahoo e-Mail problems Today ?

<snip>

>> they had something like 6000 spams they had not emptied...
>>
>> I emptied the spam and their account suddenly was unclogged!
>>
>> Their eyes opened in amazement when I emptied all the spam with one
>> click...
>> they had been doing it one at a time!!!!!!!
>>

>> aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

> LOL!! I needed that - thanks <g>

Well maybe you needed that, but I sure did not need the aggrivation <G>

I'm going on vacation tomorrow and I have been running errands all day
long...
my furnace even quit today and I had to get a new ignitor and put it in...
so when I got home I did not need that one last job!!!!

Anyway...It was pretty funny

Toolman Tim 03-10-2006 01:08 AM

Re: Anyone Experiencing Any Yahoo e-Mail problems Today ?

In news:T_-dnXKvP93YU43ZRVn-sQ@athenet.net,
philo spewed forth:
> <snip>
>
>>> they had something like 6000 spams they had not emptied...
>>>
>>> I emptied the spam and their account suddenly was unclogged!
>>>
>>> Their eyes opened in amazement when I emptied all the spam with one
>>> click...
>>> they had been doing it one at a time!!!!!!!
>>>

>>> aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

>> LOL!! I needed that - thanks <g>
>>

> Well maybe you needed that, but I sure did not need the aggrivation <G>
> I'm going on vacation tomorrow and I have been running errands all day
> long...
> my furnace even quit today and I had to get a new ignitor and put it
> in... so when I got home I did not need that one last job!!!!
>
> Anyway...It was pretty funny

Yes it was. I get the same stuff at work all the time: "I didn't know you
could do /that/!"

So enjoy your vacation. I'm sure looking forward to mine - still a month to
go.

Kyle :o\) 03-10-2006 02:55 AM

Re: Anyone Experiencing Any Yahoo e-Mail problems Today ?

Sorry ... missed the start of this thread. But I always have issues with
Yahoo Mail. Daily I go to www.TSN.ca/nhl and
http://ottawasun.com/sports/senators/home.html to grab stories off their
website such as http://ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators...9/1480332.html
and post to my hockey groups on Yahoo. I send them using Yahoo Mail. And
when I paste them into the composition window their stupid mail strips all
the paragraph codes out so that the paragraphs all sit one on top of
another, making it hard to read. So I have to go back in and re-add the
spacing between each paragraph before sending. I've talked to them for 3
months now and all they say is "we don't see an issue" or ask me for my
account name and access to my Yahoo Mail ... or worse ... some canned reply
that covers nothing about my complaint.

Personally ... if I'd not already switched Yahoo Mail from the Canadian
version of Yahoo to the US version and had to re-sign up with all 36 of the
groups I belong to with my new e-mail address ... I'd change one last time
to G-Mail or some other free service with not so many hangups. Ya-Hell
blows!

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0610-1, 03/08/2006
Tested on: 3/9/2006 9:55:48 PM

Plato 03-11-2006 02:15 AM

Robert11 wrote:

> Anyone have any problems with Yahoo e-mail service today ?

If so, so what. PCs and apps are never 100% all the time.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/