Velocity Reviews

-   -   PC Hangs Up (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t467857-pc-hangs-up.html)

Bob 03-06-2006 05:25 PM

PC Hangs Up

PC hangs whether I play movies from DVD's or the hard drive.

Tried
DXDIAG: no problems
SFC /SCANNOW: no problems
VLC: still hangs

vbMark 03-06-2006 06:16 PM

Re: PC Hangs Up

"Bob" <bobknight@metalplastic.com> wrote in news:kg_Of.110347$sa3.45512
@pd7tw1no:

> PC hangs whether I play movies from DVD's or the hard drive.
>
> Tried
> DXDIAG: no problems
> SFC /SCANNOW: no problems
> VLC: still hangs

Is it all forms of video?

Is the hang permanent so that you have to reboot?

Is the hang at the same point i.e. first second, or at random points?

--
Get rated at http://ratemysite.thoughtbattle.com
Get freeware at http://www.vbmark.com

Bob 03-07-2006 01:08 AM

Re: PC Hangs Up

All .avi movies either on CD, DVD or copied unto my hard drive. I always
have to manually reboot.

It seems random, but always near the beginning of the movie or soon after I
start even if it is at the middle of the CD or DVD