Velocity Reviews

-   -   Error occurred while initializing MAPI in Outlook Express 6 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t46744-error-occurred-while-initializing-mapi-in-outlook-express-6-a.html)

Michael 09-17-2003 06:26 AM

Error occurred while initializing MAPI in Outlook Express 6

When I attempt to export messages using Outlook Express 6.00.28 I receive
the error"

"Error occurred while initializing MAPI"

I tried removing mapi32.dll and reinstalling using fixmapi.exe but still the
same error.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Big time thanks in advance.

RussS 09-17-2003 08:35 AM

Re: Error occurred while initializing MAPI in Outlook Express 6

More info please. Whats your OS? Are you running Outlook?

Michael 09-17-2003 08:40 AM

"RussS" <yeah_right@roflmao.com> wrote in message
> More info please. Whats your OS? Are you running Outlook?

Er, Win XP Pro with sp1a and all updates, Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1123, no
other mail clients.

Any thoughts?

Marko 09-17-2003 11:19 AM

Re: Error occurred while initializing MAPI in Outlook Express 6

Try http://support.microsoft.com/search

I used "export message Error occurred while initializing
MAPI" for an Outlook Express search limited to 150
articles and got this monster URL:

http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?
Catalog=LCID%3D1033%26CDID%3DEN-US-KB%26PRODLISTSRC%
3DON&withinResults=false&QuerySource=gASr_Query&Pr oduct=oex
&Queryc=export+message+Error+occurred+while+initia lizing+MA
PI&Query=export+message+Error+occurred+while+initi alizing+M
API&KeywordType=ANY&maxResults=150&Titles=false&nu mDays=

Laura A. Robinson 09-17-2003 02:00 PM

Re: Error occurred while initializing MAPI in Outlook Express 6

circa Wed, 17 Sep 2003 04:19:49 -0700, in
microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Marko (mcse@australia.com) said,
> got this monster URL:
>

> http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?
> Catalog=LCID%3D1033%26CDID%3DEN-US-KB%26PRODLISTSRC%
> 3DON&withinResults=false&QuerySource=gASr_Query&Pr oduct=oex
> &Queryc=export+message+Error+occurred+while+initia lizing+MA
> PI&Query=export+message+Error+occurred+while+initi alizing+M
> API&KeywordType=ANY&maxResults=150&Titles=false&nu mDays=

See: http://www.tinyurl.com for dealing with monster URLs.

Laura
--
We were meant to act, even if we make mistakes. That's why we put a
sharp point on one end of a pencil and an eraser on the other end.

Maestro 09-17-2003 05:39 PM

Re: Error occurred while initializing MAPI in Outlook Express 6

You may get better results if you post in one of the
outlook groups.