Velocity Reviews

-   -   sony dvd burner, tray stays open (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t467255-sony-dvd-burner-tray-stays-open.html)

jvalchine 02-21-2006 03:55 AM

sony dvd burner, tray stays open

I just installed a sony dvd burner as a second driver. Instantly, when
I powered the computer up, the tray opened and will not stay closed. I
tried rebooting and using the provided reset pin to "reset" the tray.
no luck; tray open. wierd.
has anyone come across this???

Trax 02-21-2006 07:24 AM

Re: sony dvd burner, tray stays open

"jvalchine" <jvalchine@hotmail.com> wrote:

|>I just installed a sony dvd burner as a second driver. Instantly, when
|>I powered the computer up, the tray opened and will not stay closed. I
|>tried rebooting and using the provided reset pin to "reset" the tray.
|>no luck; tray open. wierd.

Unplug the data cable and see if it will close.
If it does it's your machine\os, doesn't CD problem.

While back someone posted they had this problem, their reason was the
face plate wasn't set properly.

--
pedestrian meets destiny
http://homepage1.seed.net.tw/web@5/w...page/mygod.gif