Velocity Reviews

-   -   Free WebMail Server (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t467171-free-webmail-server.html)

Peter 02-18-2006 09:18 PM

Free WebMail Server

Could anyone recommend a free Web Mail server I could run on a Windows XP
Pro Box. No POP3 needed. I have googled and found a few but rather than
install each one in turn to try it out I was wondering if anyone could help.

Tony 02-18-2006 10:21 PM

Re: Free WebMail Server

"Peter" <no.spam@please> wrote in message
> Could anyone recommend a free Web Mail server I could run on a Windows XP
> Pro Box. No POP3 needed. I have googled and found a few but rather than
> install each one in turn to try it out I was wondering if anyone could
> help.

Depends on how many users. 602Pro Lansuite is quite good but only free for
up to 5 users. http://www.software602.com/download/ .

What other ones have you found? I've tried quite a few in the past.

One I can recall is the Mercury Mail server but had a problem with it losing
messages - if it wasn't connected to the internet when a message was sent,
sometimes it didn't store them for when the internet was connected. Maybe
better now - it was about 6 years ago I tried it.

why? 02-18-2006 10:21 PM

Re: Free WebMail Server

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 21:18:17 -0000, Peter wrote:

>Could anyone recommend a free Web Mail server I could run on a Windows XP
>Pro Box. No POP3 needed. I have googled and found a few but rather than
>install each one in turn to try it out I was wondering if anyone could help.

So but not naming the few, and getting opinions on them it's a free for
all.

Try the ng alt.comp.freeware

Me