Velocity Reviews

-   -   Backup programme (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t467152-backup-programme.html)

John P 02-18-2006 10:20 AM

Backup programme

Can anybody suggest a good freeware backup programme, I would like to be
able to backup overnight. Alternatively, I have heard that XP Professional
has a backup facility but 'Home' has not and all that you need to do is copy
a file from 'Professional'. Any thoughts from anyone?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?= 02-18-2006 11:18 AM

Re: Backup programme

John P wrote:
> Can anybody suggest a good freeware backup programme, I would like to be
> able to backup overnight. Alternatively, I have heard that XP Professional
> has a backup facility but 'Home' has not and all that you need to do is copy
> a file from 'Professional'. Any thoughts from anyone?

Winzip does a pretty decent job for me with the command line support, I
set up tasks with task manager and it backs up whatever I want when I am
in the land of nod.

old jon 02-18-2006 11:29 AM

Re: Backup programme

"John P" <pagey@beeb.net> wrote in message
> Can anybody suggest a good freeware backup programme, I would like to be
> able to backup overnight. Alternatively, I have heard that XP Professional
> has a backup facility but 'Home' has not and all that you need to do is
> copy
> a file from 'Professional'. Any thoughts from anyone?

Hi John. Try SyncBack, it`s free. Get it here:
www.2brightsparks.com/syncback/syncback-hub.html

--
bw..OJ

AGEE 02-18-2006 01:41 PM

Re: Backup programme

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 10:20:47 -0000, "John P" <pagey@beeb.net> wrote:

>Can anybody suggest a good freeware backup programme, I would like to be
>able to backup overnight. Alternatively, I have heard that XP Professional
>has a backup facility but 'Home' has not and all that you need to do is copy
>a file from 'Professional'. Any thoughts from anyone?

I used taskzip freeware. easy to set up for a novice and control.
http://www.matpie.drw.net/PBSystems/...kzip/TZip.html

Spuds 02-18-2006 03:54 PM

Re: Backup programme

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 10:20:47 -0000, "John P" <pagey@beeb.net> wrote:

>Can anybody suggest a good freeware backup programme, I would like to be
>able to backup overnight. Alternatively, I have heard that XP Professional
>has a backup facility but 'Home' has not and all that you need to do is copy
>a file from 'Professional'. Any thoughts from anyone?

Cobian backup
http://www.educ.umu.se/~cobian/cobianbackup.htm

John P 02-19-2006 11:00 AM

Re: Backup programme

Thanks folks for all your ideas - I'm off to try them now..................