Velocity Reviews

-   -   XP 2nd Drive (want to unmount & have drive-letters) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t466571-xp-2nd-drive-want-to-unmount-and-have-drive-letters.html)

Mobius 02-06-2006 11:13 AM

XP 2nd Drive (want to unmount & have drive-letters)

I've got 2 hard drives. Both are hooked up SATA. One is a 200GB & the new
one is 250GB. I split the first into 5 partitions (C:-G:), the 2nd into 3
and mounted them as folders in drive D:. Now my problem is recovery
software wont recognize that drive (because the folders are apparently seen
as shortcuts to a drive that isn't assigned letters so it doesn't appear to
exist). Windows & all programs see it just fine, but "PC Inspector File
Recovery (v4)" wont see it (it sees the folders, sees the drive, but wont
select it due to lack of drive letter).

How can I "unmount" the drive & assign letters to it now? I'd rather not
lose data on it & rather avoid backup (I've got allot of DVD+RWs if it is
needed, but would rather avoid that option if I can just change the way its
displayed).

This is XP Pro with SP2 (licensed, not Corp version, so downloading a
utility from MS isn't an issue).

Duane Arnold 02-06-2006 11:38 AM

Re: XP 2nd Drive (want to unmount & have drive-letters)

Mobius <com DOT yahoo AT m0b1us0099> wrote in message
<edydnTHhFKbRsnrenZ2dnUVZ_tudnZ2d@giganews.com>. ..

> I've got 2 hard drives.

Format and reinstall.

> Both are hooked up SATA.

Flaming queer boy with a psychotic hatred of women.

> hi,Ive never looked at my vagina in the mirrir befor,but yesterday i
> did.and boy was i shocked!! when i open up my inner lips(and my legs
> are spread out)where me vaginal opening is theres loads of loose skin
> all bundled togeter!is this supposed to be there?I can hardly see my
> vaginal opening,are you supposed to be able to see it clearly?and also
> if any girls are reading this could you please tell me if this is
> normal cos im really scared and i really dont know who else to ask!

Try wearing heavier makeup, Mobius.

> One is a 200GB & the new one is 250GB.

The spoon works better.

> I split the first into 5 partitions (C:-G:), the 2nd into 3 and
> mounted them as folders in drive D:.

You don't like the walnuts?

> Now my problem is recovery software wont recognize that drive (because
> the folders are apparently seen as shortcuts to a drive that isn't
> assigned letters so it doesn't appear to exist).

It's nice for an old person. It's like a game.

> Windows & all programs see it just fine, but "PC Inspector File
> Recovery (v4)" wont see it (it sees the folders, sees the drive, but
> wont select it due to lack of drive letter).

It's frustrating.

> How can I "unmount" the drive & assign letters to it now? I'd rather
> not lose data on it & rather avoid backup (I've got allot of DVD+RWs
> if it is needed, but would rather avoid that option if I can just
> change the way its displayed).

Suddenly, There's not half the files there used to be, And there's a
milestone hanging over me The system crashed so suddenly.

> This is XP Pro with SP2 (licensed, not Corp version, so downloading a
> utility from MS isn't an issue).

It doesn't take much, does it?

--
Duane :)

K-El-Loco-Stanking-Hen-Mammy 02-06-2006 03:47 PM

Re: It's another of Rodan's Hen Stanking Hen's post

"Duane Arnold" <No@no.com> wrote in message
news:0fi5$57f.b8sf@newsread1.news.pasearth1ink.nut ...
> Mobius <com DOT yahoo AT m0b1us0099> wrote in message
> <edydnTHhFKbRsnrenZ2dnUVZ_tudnZ2d@giganews.com>. ..
>> I've got 2 hard drives.

> Format and reinstall.
>
>> Both are hooked up SATA.

> Flaming queer boy with a psychotic hatred of women.
>
>> hi,Ive never looked at my vagina in the mirrir befor,but yesterday i
>> did.and boy was i shocked!! when i open up my inner lips(and my legs
>> are spread out)where me vaginal opening is theres loads of loose skin
>> all bundled togeter!is this supposed to be there?I can hardly see my
>> vaginal opening,are you supposed to be able to see it clearly?and also
>> if any girls are reading this could you please tell me if this is
>> normal cos im really scared and i really dont know who else to ask!

> Try wearing heavier makeup, Mobius.
>
>> One is a 200GB & the new one is 250GB.

> The spoon works better.
>
>> I split the first into 5 partitions (C:-G:), the 2nd into 3 and
>> mounted them as folders in drive D:.

> You don't like the walnuts?
>
>> Now my problem is recovery software wont recognize that drive (because
>> the folders are apparently seen as shortcuts to a drive that isn't
>> assigned letters so it doesn't appear to exist).

> It's nice for an old person. It's like a game.
>
>> Windows & all programs see it just fine, but "PC Inspector File
>> Recovery (v4)" wont see it (it sees the folders, sees the drive, but
>> wont select it due to lack of drive letter).

> It's frustrating.
>
>> How can I "unmount" the drive & assign letters to it now? I'd rather
>> not lose data on it & rather avoid backup (I've got allot of DVD+RWs
>> if it is needed, but would rather avoid that option if I can just
>> change the way its displayed).

> Suddenly, There's not half the files there used to be, And there's a
> milestone hanging over me The system crashed so suddenly.
>
>> This is XP Pro with SP2 (licensed, not Corp version, so downloading a
>> utility from MS isn't an issue).

> It doesn't take much, does it?

You gotten a post for the stanking Hen K-Man the
K-El-Loco-Stanking-Hen-Mammy.

Duane :)

K-El-Loco-Stanking-Hen-Mammy 02-06-2006 04:01 PM

Re: XP 2nd Drive (want to unmount & have drive-letters)

> You gotten a post for the stanking Hen K-Man the
> K-El-Loco-Stanking-Hen-Mammy.

A small corretion that's *from* the stanking K-Hen-Mammy aka K-Man that shot
plumage in your face..

Duane :)