Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computer Support (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f33-computer-support.html)
-   -   Question about Gas and Weedwackers? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t466418-question-about-gas-and-weedwackers.html)

Joe 02-03-2006 08:29 PM

Question about Gas and Weedwackers?
 
I was advised to always use gasoline that hasn't been sitting around
too long by the repairman when there are problems starting it up.
Does the fuel lose it potency after being mixed with two stoke oil and
if this is so, how long before it needs to be discarded?

Meat Plow 02-03-2006 08:59 PM

Re: Question about Gas and Weedwackers?
 
On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 10:29:46 -1000, Joe wrote:

> I was advised to always use gasoline that hasn't been sitting around
> too long by the repairman when there are problems starting it up.
> Does the fuel lose it potency after being mixed with two stoke oil and
> if this is so, how long before it needs to be discarded?


Yes / 6 months

Joe 02-03-2006 09:05 PM

Re: Question about Gas and Weedwackers?
 
Meat Plow wrote:

>On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 10:29:46 -1000, Joe wrote:
>
>> I was advised to always use gasoline that hasn't been sitting around
>> too long by the repairman when there are problems starting it up.
>> Does the fuel lose it potency after being mixed with two stoke oil and
>> if this is so, how long before it needs to be discarded?

>
>Yes / 6 months


My aim was off a bit and the question was supposed to land in
alt.home.repair, Thanks for the reply.

Plato 02-03-2006 10:32 PM

Re: Question about Gas and Weedwackers?
 
Joe wrote:
>
> I was advised to always use gasoline that hasn't been sitting around
> too long by the repairman when there are problems starting it up.
> Does the fuel lose it potency after being mixed with two stoke oil and
> if this is so, how long before it needs to be discarded?


Good advice.


--
http://www.kissmyip.com/


Jimmy Dean 02-03-2006 11:43 PM

Re: Question about Gas and Weedwackers?
 
On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 10:29:46 -1000, Joe <Joe@invalid.org> wrote:

>I was advised to always use gasoline that hasn't been sitting around
>too long by the repairman when there are problems starting it up.
>Does the fuel lose it potency after being mixed with two stoke oil and
>if this is so, how long before it needs to be discarded?


Petrol tends to lose the more volatile components as it just sits
there. If the container were compeletely airtight, this should not
happen though.

jd

Meat Plow 02-04-2006 04:11 PM

Re: Question about Gas and Weedwackers?
 
On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 11:05:18 -1000, Joe wrote:

> Meat Plow wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 10:29:46 -1000, Joe wrote:
>>
>>> I was advised to always use gasoline that hasn't been sitting around
>>> too long by the repairman when there are problems starting it up.
>>> Does the fuel lose it potency after being mixed with two stoke oil and
>>> if this is so, how long before it needs to be discarded?

>>
>>Yes / 6 months

>
> My aim was off a bit and the question was supposed to land in
> alt.home.repair, Thanks for the reply.


Heh, anything goes here in 24hour.

Richard 02-05-2006 08:06 AM

Re: Question about Gas and Weedwackers?
 

"Joe" <Joe@invalid.org> wrote in message
news:lue7u1d9t7gloonpfjcdj6u4ru1nmi8umd@4ax.com...
>I was advised to always use gasoline that hasn't been sitting around
> too long by the repairman when there are problems starting it up.
> Does the fuel lose it potency after being mixed with two stoke oil and
> if this is so, how long before it needs to be discarded?


My chainsaw manual reccomends not using gas that has been in storage for
more than 3 months and to drain the chainsaw fuel tank if unused for that
time.



Rosco 02-05-2006 08:12 AM

Re: Question about Gas and Weedwackers?
 
Richard cried out

>
> "Joe" <Joe@invalid.org> wrote in message
> news:lue7u1d9t7gloonpfjcdj6u4ru1nmi8umd@4ax.com...
>>I was advised to always use gasoline that hasn't been sitting
>>around
>> too long by the repairman when there are problems starting it up.
>> Does the fuel lose it potency after being mixed with two stoke
>> oil and if this is so, how long before it needs to be discarded?

>
> My chainsaw manual reccomends not using gas that has been in
> storage for more than 3 months and to drain the chainsaw fuel tank
> if unused for that time.
>
>
>


I screwed up the carb on a riding mower (regular gas, not two cycle)
two winters in a row by leaving gas in it for a long time without
using it. The gas carmelized inside the carb basically causing me to
have to take it down to have it thouroughy cleaned (pretty much
rebuilt) stay-bill helps!

Blinky the Shark 02-05-2006 08:17 AM

Re: Question about Gas and Weedwackers?
 
On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 08:12:03 +0000, Rosco wrote:

> I screwed up the carb on a riding mower (regular gas, not two cycle)
> two winters in a row by leaving gas in it for a long time without
> using it. The gas carmelized inside the carb basically causing me to
> have to take it down to have it thouroughy cleaned (pretty much
> rebuilt) stay-bill helps!


How long did you let it sit unused, that allowed that to happen?


--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html


Rosco 02-05-2006 08:25 AM

Re: Question about Gas and Weedwackers?
 
Blinky the Shark cried out

> On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 08:12:03 +0000, Rosco wrote:
>
>> I screwed up the carb on a riding mower (regular gas, not two
>> cycle) two winters in a row by leaving gas in it for a long time
>> without using it. The gas carmelized inside the carb basically
>> causing me to have to take it down to have it thouroughy cleaned
>> (pretty much rebuilt) stay-bill helps!

>
> How long did you let it sit unused, that allowed that to happen?
>
>


dont remember exactly, i know that the first time part of the steering
broke mid summer didnt fix it for probably about a year lol, dont ask i
used to procrastinate, the second time something funky happend to the
transaxle, had to have it rebuilt both times it was down for more than
just a few months


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.