Velocity Reviews

-   -   HOME NETWORK IDEAS (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t46531-home-network-ideas.html)

DarkStar 09-02-2003 07:05 PM

HOME NETWORK IDEAS

I am building a home network for training/testing and need
some ideas on network configuration. I have five
computers (four workstations and one laptop), a router
w/builtin print server, and one cable connection. Two
workstations are dual homed. I have full working (legal)
versions of W2K Advanced Server and W2K3 Server. I plan
on setting up two seperate domains in the same forest each
running a different version of windows.

I'm looking for ideas on how to distribute the computers
between the domains. DCs, DHCP servers, DNS servers,
RRAS, clients, etc. Thanks.

Lady 09-02-2003 07:48 PM

Re: HOME NETWORK IDEAS

The MS Press Training Kit for whatever test you're presently studying for
explains how to setup your network in order to complete the labs and
exercises in the book. I prefer ato use the MOC setup, but I use MS Press as
an excellent reference.

Amazon.com sells the MS Press Training Kits for a very reasonable price.

I hope this helps.