Velocity Reviews

-   -   ddr2 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t465103-ddr2.html)

doS 01-09-2006 10:01 PM

ddr2

I have a new notebook, has 2 -256mb sticks ddr2 ram.I got a single1gb stick
of ddr2, same speed.can i remove one of the 256 and install the gb( 1gb+256)
or will it be best to install the 1gb with another 1gb.(Paired)
TIA

*****General 01-09-2006 10:12 PM

Re: ddr2

"doS" <kobo65@hotnotsomail.com> wrote in message
>I have a new notebook, has 2 -256mb sticks ddr2 ram.I got a single1gb stick
>of ddr2, same speed.can i remove one of the 256 and install the gb(
>1gb+256) or will it be best to install the 1gb with another 1gb.(Paired)
> TIA

You can but you shouldn't. Do you smoke too?

Evan Platt 01-09-2006 10:13 PM

Re: ddr2

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 17:01:00 -0500, "doS" <kobo65@hotnotsomail.com>
wrote:

>I have a new notebook, has 2 -256mb sticks ddr2 ram.I got a single1gb stick
>of ddr2, same speed.can i remove one of the 256 and install the gb( 1gb+256)
>or will it be best to install the 1gb with another 1gb.(Paired)

Probably depends on the laptop. :)

doS 01-09-2006 10:16 PM

Re: ddr2

"*****General" <*****General@j.invalid> wrote in message

> "doS" <kobo65@hotnotsomail.com> wrote in message
>>I have a new notebook, has 2 -256mb sticks ddr2 ram.I got a single1gb
>>stick of ddr2, same speed.can i remove one of the 256 and install the
>>gb( 1gb+256) or will it be best to install the 1gb with another
>>1gb.(Paired)
>> TIA
>>

> Do you smoke too?

I havent looked, thanks.

mattcarp@gmail.com 01-10-2006 12:31 AM

Re: ddr2

talk to the manufacturer about this

FML 01-10-2006 01:17 AM

Re: ddr2

doS wrote:
> I have a new notebook, has 2 -256mb sticks ddr2 ram.I got a single1gb stick
> of ddr2, same speed.can i remove one of the 256 and install the gb( 1gb+256)
> or will it be best to install the 1gb with another 1gb.(Paired)
> TIA

If the laptop is capable of dealing with a 1Gb stick, then yu should be
OK. Unless you are dealing with dual channel which requires two
identical modules. However, dual channel and DDR2 are not the same thing.

doS 01-10-2006 01:51 AM

Re: ddr2

its an Acer 1641

Jarhead 01-10-2006 03:49 AM

Re: ddr2

doS wrote:
> its an Acer 1641
>
> "FML" <NoSpamForMe@Invalid.xxx> wrote in message
>
>>doS wrote:
>>
>>>I have a new notebook, has 2 -256mb sticks ddr2 ram.I got a single1gb
>>>stick of ddr2, same speed.can i remove one of the 256 and install the
>>>gb( 1gb+256) or will it be best to install the 1gb with another
>>>1gb.(Paired)
>>>TIA
>>>

>>If the laptop is capable of dealing with a 1Gb stick, then yu should be
>>OK. Unless you are dealing with dual channel which requires two identical
>>modules. However, dual channel and DDR2 are not the same thing.

http://www.crucial.com/store/listpar...ries&submit=Go

Memory information from Crucial, says you can have 1024 mb in 1600 series.

--
Jarhead

doS 01-10-2006 02:20 PM

Re: ddr2

thats the wrong model, but thanks

news:2ZGdnfyEstlhs17enZ2dnUVZ_tKdnZ2d@amaonline.co m...

Jarhead 01-10-2006 03:22 PM

Re: ddr2

doS wrote:
> thats the wrong model, but thanks
>
> "Jarhead" <baldintexas@excite.com> wrote in message
> news:2ZGdnfyEstlhs17enZ2dnUVZ_tKdnZ2d@amaonline.co m...
>
>>doS wrote:
>>
>>>its an Acer 1641
>>>
>>>"FML" <NoSpamForMe@Invalid.xxx> wrote in message

>>http://www.crucial.com/store/listpar...ries&submit=Go
>>
>>Memory information from Crucial, says you can have 1024 mb in 1600 series.
>>
>>--
>>Jarhead

You just posted that you had a 1641, is that not in the range of 1600 to
1699? Why don't plug in the number for your specific notebook? I bet you
will get the same info.

--
Jarhead