Velocity Reviews

-   -   Study Material (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t46506-study-material.html)

Nikhil 08-31-2003 05:48 AM

Study Material

Hi,

Does anyone have study material for 70-292 and 70-296 exam?

Marko 08-31-2003 07:05 AM

Study Material

Yes they do. Get the objectives from the
www.microsoft.com/traincert site or even run a search with
what you are after in www.google.com

Maybe someone will post something NEW here, but otherwise
there is lots of info in this newsgroup and
microsoft...mcsa newsgroup in the last few weeks. Look
through previous posts where there is 292, 296 or MCSE
2003 in the subject.

MCSE World 08-31-2003 09:33 AM

Re: Study Material

Check out our exam reviews for 70-292 and 70-296.

70-292
http://www.mcseworld.com/forums/info...ticle&artid=19

70-296:
http://www.mcseworld.com/forums/info...ticle&artid=27

Other than that, and looking at the objectives, I would recommend lots of
practice with the product and the Syngress, Que or Sybex books.

Best,
Will
www.mcseworld.com

=?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?= 09-03-2003 01:00 PM

Re: Study Material

"Jacques-Yves Gorguet" <jyga@videotron.ca> wrote in message
> "there is a lot of info in this newsgroup"...
>
> As we say in french " sans rancunes "

Yeah, yeah, yeah... shaddup and go surrender to someone.

Or as we say in the MCNGP:

--
Fris "Anal Fornicateur" beeŽ MCNGP #13

http://www.mcngp.tk
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

Consultant 09-03-2003 02:12 PM

Re: Study Material

mere tet

"Jacques-Yves Gorguet" <jyga@videotron.ca> wrote in message
> "there is a lot of info in this newsgroup"...
> yah??? Where... sorry pals, but I've been reading your posts since the 2
> last months, and except from laughing at people's question, I've not seen
> real valuable info... a few good things from MS guys about the release

dates
> of the exams, that's all! I'm looking forward for MS to retake control and
> clean up a bit here.... 3 hours reading for 2-3 good posts... pfff
>
> I really don't have anything personnal against you, Marko (just that it

was
> you that talked about "good info"...) ... maybe more about some of MCNGP
> guys who really think themselves as heros and overlook everyone else by
> their comments and responses... should find yourselves some work... would

be

S. O'Brien 09-03-2003 09:15 PM

Re: Study Material

"MCNGP guys"????? I take offense to that. And if you have been here for 2
months we sure as hell havent seen you submit ONE helpful word to your peers
on here.

"He who hath not sinned may cast the first stone..." Words to live by?

--
Sue MCNGP #69

JaR 09-03-2003 10:28 PM

Re: Study Material

"FrisbeeŽ MCNGP" <bhileman@dasi-software.com> wrote in message
> Yeah, yeah, yeah... shaddup and go surrender to someone.

Didja hear about France's new main battle tank? I hear it'll do 90 MPH! [0]

JR

[0] In reverse.

Maestro 09-05-2003 10:05 PM

Re: Study Material

ROFLMAO!!!
Impressive tactical advantage!!!

S. O'Brien 09-05-2003 10:55 PM

Re: Study Material

Actually Maestro... he did mean males when he stated guys... he said "heros"
.... and the female version of that is heroine. However, the point is he
generalized us and stated that he has not said anything on here... As for me
not being here? I have been an active member of this newsgroup for almost 2
years now actually. However, I must admit I was away for a while due to
personal issues including a move from one province to another.

Moreover, my comment about me being offended? Was purely in jest... My team
have taken a lot of hits on here lately due to generalizations and I can
assure everyone that we are not all bad.. that we do offer a lot of support
and helpful information. Sure we do digress from the current topic a lot
.... everyone does... even you have by reploying to my post. We inject humor
into a group that would be too dull if all it contained was facts... sure,
those same facts are useful however, if facts were all that is contained
here, it would be about as exciting as reading the CNA Lancom Textbook...
and trust me, that book will put you to sleep... but you do learn about the
author's dog (which I have still to determine what relevance that has to do
with Novell Networks but I digress). Does our humor sometimes seem cutting?
Of course it does... do we mean any harm? No... who do we insult the most?
Each other!! We are just simply a group of people who have been coming to
this newsgroup for a lot of years and have seen the same questions asked
time and time again where people were too lazy or stupid or misdirected
enough to not look up the information themselves first.
However, a lot of times we do give the assistance required but if it not
exactly what the poster is looking for, we get insulted or called names or
ridiculed. Not that I personally care really but I'm actually getting tired
of providing tons of links and information to a bunch of ungrateful
shitheads who cant tell the difference between help and insults.
If we tell them to go read a link, we have pointed them in the right
direction for answers but have not outright given the answers... but also
have provided a future source for information. If we tell them to use the
product... we mean it... that it is beneficial to not only the certification
process but also their career. If we tell them to read the book... then we
are telling them there is a ton of information in the text books they need
to know... thats just basic common sense. But because we dont say the
answer is..... and take them by the hand thru every step, then we are a
bunch of assholes... go figure.
Let me ask you this... and anyone else reading it... Has anyone held YOUR
hand to get you this far? Or have you done it all on your own (with perhaps
a few pointers along the way) and draw a great amount of pride from your
accomplishments? Any ADULT should be able to say "hey I'm mature enough to
take assistance without having to be lead around by the hand" I mean, do
these people think their BOSSES are going to lead them around by the hand
once employed? I assure you not! When a boss asks WHY a problem has
occurred, it will be YOUR job to figure out why and report back... and that
means using knowledge, resources and research!

dont get me wrong... I'm not slamming you... just venting my frustration at
a few select individuals who think I havent been helpful... that my peers
are not helpful (MCNGP members or not)! I guess the questions remains as to
whether I will bother to share my
information/resources/research/tools/helpful hints to anyone in this
newsgroup again if this is the way we treat each other when assistance is
provided.

Basically, do not slander us because of a select few... dont assume... dont
insult based on biased... stop reading more into our posts than what is
there... we say "USE THE PRODUCT"... that is EXACTLY what we mean... we dont
have to resort to hints and trick and subliminal messaging to get our points
across.

Anyway, I'm tired of being nice... I'm tired of helping a group of
ingrateful fools who couldnt read a informative post if it drove itself up
their asses! I already have my MS certs and a few others (CompTIA, Novell
and Cisco) so I dont need to ask for help here much anymore... I could have
left in May when I got my last cert! I could have vanished... but no, I
decided to stay to give back some of what I received here... HELP!!

Also keep in mind, I was once on the receiving end of the MCNGP insults and
I survived... Consultant and I went more than a few rounds and are no worse
the wear for it and I now consider him one of my friends on here... and not
because I joined his little group... He earned my respect as did the others
on this newsgroup for their dedication to the field, their vast knowledge,
their sense of humor, their ability to laugh at themselves, their ability to
be human, their tolerance for most posters... there are very few on here I
would not waste my time with... But I also dont go around slandering them
for the hell of just because they ****ed me off. I walk away like an adult!
And I am by no means perfect in anyway.
As for you Maestro... so you havent posted much here... but I will give
you some credit... I have seen a few posts that could be construed as
helpful. You may not like our group much but you dont insult ... and
generally, you have been polite to me... hence the reason I'm polite to you.
Now that doesnt mean I consider you a friend or foe... just a fellow poster
who I can reply to as an adult.
Anyway, I've bitched and vented enough today... its friday night and I'm
going out to a party... have fun all... and remember... get thicker skin or
find another way to communicate... you have to be aggressive in this field
to get ahead... use this place as a sounding board.

:)

billyw 09-06-2003 09:51 AM

Re: Study Material

thats an old one.
based on the ww2 italian tanks. 1 forward gear 5 reverse