Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cannot read "PROGRAM" directory from remote computer. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t464852-cannot-read-program-directory-from-remote-computer.html)

Cosmo 01-05-2006 01:58 PM

Cannot read "PROGRAM" directory from remote computer.

How can I set " Share " on a remote network computer so it can be read
on my computer. I can access all of the other directories. The
operating system is Windows XP PRO, and it is networked on the Windows
based peer to peer network. When I try to set share to the program
directory the check boxes are grayed out.

Thanks in advance.

Everett

Gordon 01-05-2006 02:02 PM

Re: Cannot read "PROGRAM" directory from remote computer.

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 13:58:08 +0000, Cosmo wrote:

> How can I set " Share " on a remote network computer so it can be read
> on my computer. I can access all of the other directories. The
> operating system is Windows XP PRO, and it is networked on the Windows
> based peer to peer network. When I try to set share to the program
> directory the check boxes are grayed out.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Everett

Why do you need to share the program directory in the first place? You
can't do anything with it remotely anyway.......

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Ubuntu 5.10

Cosmo 01-05-2006 09:21 PM

Re: Cannot read "PROGRAM" directory from remote computer.

I want to compare a program's files and directories to troubleshoot
and possibly correct the program on the PC that I am having trouble
with. I wouldn't be trying to read it remotely if I didn't have a
reason. I was unaware that the program directory was protected.
Thanks for the question, but I am looking for an answer.

Thanks

fred-bloggs 01-06-2006 09:37 AM

Re: Cannot read "PROGRAM" directory from remote computer.

Cosmo <cottone40511@yahoo.com> wrote in

> How can I set " Share " on a remote network computer so it can be read
> on my computer. I can access all of the other directories. The
> operating system is Windows XP PRO, and it is networked on the Windows
> based peer to peer network. When I try to set share to the program
> directory the check boxes are grayed out.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Everett

Have you tried disabling [simple file sharing]?
Control Panel - Folder Options - View Tab (at the bottom of the list).

--
fred

Cosmo 01-06-2006 01:37 PM

Re: Cannot read "PROGRAM" directory from remote computer.

Many thanks Fred. Worked great! problem solved.

Everett