Velocity Reviews

-   -   simple HTML (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t464811-simple-html.html)

Bluesky 01-04-2006 06:52 PM

simple HTML

I know it simple but I cant get it to work !!!

onMouseover="this.style.color='#ff0000'"

The above works fine , but i am trying to add subject and also CC to a
second
address , say mywebsite2 !

anybody proffer the code , i tried some tutorials etc , but theres so much
to wade thru
my heads busted !

PAUL

Beauregard T. Shagnasty 01-04-2006 07:35 PM

Re: simple HTML

Bluesky wrote:

> I know it simple but I cant get it to work !!!

> onMouseover="this.style.color='#ff0000'"

Rather than use code that doesn't work when JavaScript is disabled, try
this:

In the <head> section, place:

a:link {
background-color: transparent;
color: #0000cd; /* blue */
}
a:visited {
background-color: transparent;
color: #800080; /* purple */
}
a:hover {
background-color: #ffffcc; /* an extra highlight */
color: #ff0000; /* the red you like */
}

For the HTML:

<a

> The above works fine ,

only if JavaScript is available or enabled.

> but i am trying to add subject and also CC to a
> second address , say mywebsite2 !

It is not recommended that you do this with mailto: links.
<http://groups.google.com/group/comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html/browse_frm/thread/1a737cd7f1e36638/5d3800437409bf78?tvc=1&q=mailto+broken+subject+cc& hl=en#5d3800437409bf78>

> anybody proffer the code , i tried some tutorials etc , but theres so much
> to wade thru my heads busted !

It is also not a wise idea to change the color of links to anything
other than the default colors, as that is what all those clueless
visitors are used to seeing. Anything else - especially if you take away
the underline - they will miss.

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Mitch 01-04-2006 09:14 PM

Re: simple HTML

In article <1ghzap90qvrge.1ch5r78g9uk85$.dlg@40tude.net>, Beauregard T.
Shagnasty <a.nony.mous@example.invalid> wrote:

> It is also not a wise idea to change the color of links to anything
> other than the default colors, as that is what all those clueless
> visitors are used to seeing. Anything else - especially if you take away
> the underline - they will miss.

I'll echo this comment.
It's fine to have an idea of how you want the page to look, but you are
building something that is supposed to be good for the visitor, not for
yourself.
Same reason for common spelling and grammar rules -- your meaning can
be understood because the expected and common rules are followed.

It's good to follow common practices, especially where they don't make
a lot of difference to you; it'll make the site seem better.
Where differences do make a lot of difference, just remember to explain
yourself ("all passive verbs on this page are in red 5 pt type").