Velocity Reviews

-   -   Gigabyte Tech P4 Titan 667 GA-8IHXP + Seagate 120gb HD (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t464716-gigabyte-tech-p4-titan-667-ga-8ihxp-seagate-120gb-hd.html)

DDsprenzel@gmail.com 01-02-2006 07:46 PM

Gigabyte Tech P4 Titan 667 GA-8IHXP + Seagate 120gb HD

greetings everyone,

my roommate has inherited a box with the Gigabyte Technology P4 Titan
667 GA-8IHXP mobo, but no harddrive. We bought a brand new Seagate
120gb hard drive to install as the primary disk.

With disk installed, i started the Windows XP setup process (boot from
CD, blue screen setup, etc.)

At the point where the Windows setup detects the hard drives, it
reports that "windows was unable to find a hard drive connected to your
system".

I Ran the diag/setup disk that camr with the HD, and the HD is seen and
can be partitioned via the diag program. I've also connected the HD to
my functional XP server, and can see the drive.

I've determined that the HD is not bad...the Hardware in the box
doesn't seem to be bad...my WIndows installation disks aren't bad (i
even tried a WIndows 200 installation, same result).

I'm thinking the problem lies in the mobo/chipset.....any suggestions
are greatly appreciated.

- dewey

old jon 01-02-2006 07:54 PM

Re: Gigabyte Tech P4 Titan 667 GA-8IHXP + Seagate 120gb HD

<DDsprenzel@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1136231186.581292.279090@g14g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
> greetings everyone,
>
> my roommate has inherited a box with the Gigabyte Technology P4 Titan
> 667 GA-8IHXP mobo, but no harddrive. We bought a brand new Seagate
> 120gb hard drive to install as the primary disk.
>
> With disk installed, i started the Windows XP setup process (boot from
> CD, blue screen setup, etc.)
>
> At the point where the Windows setup detects the hard drives, it
> reports that "windows was unable to find a hard drive connected to your
> system".
>
> I Ran the diag/setup disk that camr with the HD, and the HD is seen and
> can be partitioned via the diag program. I've also connected the HD to
> my functional XP server, and can see the drive.
>
> I've determined that the HD is not bad...the Hardware in the box
> doesn't seem to be bad...my WIndows installation disks aren't bad (i
> even tried a WIndows 200 installation, same result).
>
> I'm thinking the problem lies in the mobo/chipset.....any suggestions
> are greatly appreciated.
>
> - dewey

Go into the BIOS, and find the drive there. Try it on AUTO. Save settings
and exit.
bw..OJ

DDsprenzel@gmail.com 01-05-2006 12:03 AM

Re: Gigabyte Tech P4 Titan 667 GA-8IHXP + Seagate 120gb HD

hmm...everything is set to AUto....i'm thinking it maybe the
controller?!