Velocity Reviews

-   -   Trouble finding a driver (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t464636-trouble-finding-a-driver.html)

MSB 01-01-2006 04:45 AM

Trouble finding a driver

I have been looking fot the driver for a IBM Thinkvison 19 inch LCD Flat
screen. Seems like I have looked forever but just aint having any luck.
Anyone know where I might find the files I need?

MSB

MSB 01-01-2006 04:50 AM

Re: Trouble finding a driver

Sorry I forgot to mention I have wasted pleanty time at IBM.com

news:43b75cd2$0$10250$6d36acad@roc.nntpserver.com. ..

The Old Sourdough 01-01-2006 05:59 AM

Re: Trouble finding a driver

MSB quacked like a deranged mallard in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> Sorry I forgot to mention I have wasted pleanty time at IBM.com
>

> "MSB" <mewomewher@nearouterspace.com> wrote in message
> news:43b75cd2$0$10250$6d36acad@roc.nntpserver.com. ..
>>I have been looking fot the driver for a IBM Thinkvison 19 inch LCD Flat
>>screen. Seems like I have looked forever but just aint having any luck.
>>Anyone know where I might find the files I need?
>>
>> MSB

Took me all of three minutes. There isn't a driver as such, simply a .inf
file.

http://www.ibm.com/products/finder/u...inder&trac=SU1

Where it says "Personal computing products of Lenovo",then "Select a PC
product", and follow the prompts.
--
The Old Sourdough
A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.-

Unk 01-01-2006 06:24 AM

Re: Trouble finding a driver

<http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/multiplefiledownload.do?validate=true>

JANA 01-01-2006 06:36 PM

Re: Trouble finding a driver

If you use the Windows generic driver, and set the resolution to match your
monitor, it will work very well without needing the original IBM driver.
Monitors are very standard in the way that they are driven. As long as the
native resolution and refresh rate are in specs, the monitor will work at
its peak performance.

--

JANA
_____

Plato 01-02-2006 06:07 AM

Re: Trouble finding a driver

MSB wrote:

> I have been looking fot the driver for a IBM Thinkvison 19 inch LCD Flat
> screen. Seems like I have looked forever but just aint having any luck.
> Anyone know where I might find the files I need?

If there is one available, its at the IBM site.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Sunny 01-02-2006 07:54 AM

Re: Trouble finding a driver

"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
> MSB wrote:
>>
>> I have been looking fot the driver for a IBM Thinkvison 19 inch LCD Flat
>> screen. Seems like I have looked forever but just aint having any luck.
>> Anyone know where I might find the files I need?

> If there is one available, its at the IBM site.

Start here :
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...cid=MIGR-50454