Velocity Reviews

-   -   Terms and Conditions for Exams? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t46459-terms-and-conditions-for-exams.html)

Matt 08-28-2003 09:40 AM

Terms and Conditions for Exams?

I have read the terms and conditions of the exam: 70-270.
I have have a son going to be 14 in 2 months. He really
likes to use computers, and I was going to buy him the
training book (exam number above).
Is it possiable for him to take the exam at age 14?

Matt

Marko 08-28-2003 12:37 PM

Terms and Conditions for Exams?

Youngest I have heard of is 13.

But - Why?

Chris 08-28-2003 02:05 PM

Terms and Conditions for Exams?

Why not? would you rather his kid go around smoking pot
and knocking up chicks? God forbid anyone learn anything
or do anything productive before college.

Samir Patel 08-28-2003 05:47 PM

Terms and Conditions for Exams?

God forbid anyone enjoying themselves. If he wants to
start taking MCP exams, then I'm sure he'll find out for
himself - let him play football (sorry, soccer if you're
an American), go out & have some fun if he wants.

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?= 08-28-2003 05:54 PM

Re: Terms and Conditions for Exams?

"Samir Patel" <scarymonkies@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> let him play football (sorry, soccer if you're an American)

You were right the first time.

--
Fris "American Football, European Kickyball" beeŽ MCNGP #13

http://www.mcngp.tk
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

Chris 08-28-2003 06:47 PM

Terms and Conditions for Exams?

It's called balance. I'm sure nobody expects him to do
MCP exams for the rest of his life. But at 14 it is not
too early to start teaching resposibility and work/life
balance. Chrsit no wonder the kids of today are such
pussies.

Jtyc 08-28-2003 07:09 PM

Re: Terms and Conditions for Exams?

> american foot-ball.. only one person on the team kicks.. maybe should be
> american throwball.

It is football, just with a different set of rules.

"The story of football began sometime during the 19th century in England
when a soccer player, frustrated at using only his feet to manipulate the
ball, decided to simply pick it up and run with it. Although it was clearly
against the rules of soccer, other players soon found the new way of playing
soccer appealing and thus, the sport of rugby was born.

The new sport soon became a world-wide success that found its way into
America by the mid-1800s. Played by many northeastern colleges, it was not
long before Harvard University and Yale University met in Massachussetts in
1876 to formalize the rules to rugby that were similar to those in England.
There were differences however: instead of playing with a round ball, the
schools opted for an egg-shaped and the game's name was changed from rugby
to football. To finalize the meeting, an organization called the
Intercollegiate Football Association(IFA) was created to preside over the
Americanized sport.

Football was still mainly American rugby--much different from the popular
sport known today. Over the course of three years starting in 1880, Yale
player Walter Camp eventually convinced the IFA to change a series of rules
in football to create a game that is very similar today. For that, Camp is
considered by historians as the father of modern football. "

Consultant 08-28-2003 07:11 PM

Re: Terms and Conditions for Exams?

or drive

=?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?= 08-28-2003 07:17 PM

"Jtyc" <yo@respondtothegroup.com> wrote in message
> > american foot-ball.. only one person on the team kicks.. maybe should be
> > american throwball.

> It is football, just with a different set of rules.

GATORS GONNA ROLL!1!11!!!!

--
Fris "rsfckin' A" beeŽ MCNGP #13

Maestro 08-28-2003 08:27 PM

Terms and Conditions for Exams?

His dad's original post said that he was going to get him
the study guide. He didn't say anything about making him
take the exam. As far as having fun goes you're assuming
that he want's to play football, soccer, or whatever.
You're also assuming that he can't do both if he wants
to. Where do you think these kid wizards get their
knowledge? It's not by osmosis I guarantee you. They
learn and practice. I would yield to his father's
decision on this since he knows his son better than any of
us posting our opinions here. Maybe his idea of having
fun is learning about networking technology. Are you guys
really that insecure in your place in life that you would
deny a kid an opportunity to learn and grow? The kid is
just getting ready to turn 14. That means that he won't
be a threat to you for another 3 or 4 years. If his dad
thinks that he'll enjoy it my opinion is to go for it and
get him the study guide. He may become so enthralled that
he'll want to consume more knowledge about the industry.
This kid could end up being the next Bill Gates (only an
analogy). I really don't understand why some adults want
to stifle our youths. OK, I'm done.