Velocity Reviews

-   -   uninstalling avg (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t463989-uninstalling-avg.html)

Quiz Time 12-17-2005 05:32 PM

uninstalling avg

It says that in order to complete the update, I need to restart the
computer, which I have done many times.

I tried uninstalling it from the control panel and the link under my program
files, it flashes up as if to uninstall it but then dissapears immediately
with a quick error type noise. So I can't even uninstall it, it doesn't
appear to even try!

Help!

Tony

Quiz Time 12-17-2005 06:55 PM

Re: uninstallinga very stubborn AVG free edition

Am on windows XP btw

Perhaps I need a software tool whoch can uninstall the things that won't let
me.

Any suggestions?

Tony

Stickems. 12-17-2005 07:10 PM

Re: uninstallinga very stubborn AVG free edition

Try reinstalling it, then do an uninstall in Add/Remove Programs in Control
Panel.

Shepİ 12-17-2005 08:22 PM

Re: uninstalling avg

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 17:32:19 GMT If you fall from a tree,leave your
anger on the branch and then "Quiz Time"
<reply_to_the@newsgroup.please.com> sent this :

>It says that in order to complete the update, I need to restart the
>computer, which I have done many times.
>
>I tried uninstalling it from the control panel and the link under my program
>files, it flashes up as if to uninstall it but then dissapears immediately
>with a quick error type noise. So I can't even uninstall it, it doesn't
>appear to even try!
>
>Help!
>
>Tony

Un install AVG fully,go to the Grisoft site and download the latest
full free version and install that.
HTH :)

--
Free Windows/PC help,
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...m?bandID=88558

Sew 12-19-2005 05:06 AM

Re: uninstalling avg

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 17:32:19 GMT, "Quiz Time"
<reply_to_the@newsgroup.please.com> wrote:

>It says that in order to complete the update, I need to restart the
>computer, which I have done many times.
>
>I tried uninstalling it from the control panel and the link under my program
>files, it flashes up as if to uninstall it but then dissapears immediately
>with a quick error type noise. So I can't even uninstall it, it doesn't
>appear to even try!

hmm, seems to me that I had to check that AVG was not running in the
start menu BEFORE it would uninstall itself. I now know though that no
two computers do the same thing...hope this helps...