Velocity Reviews

-   -   putting pictures on a CD (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t463938-putting-pictures-on-a-cd.html)

Geoff Pearson 12-16-2005 03:30 PM

putting pictures on a CD

I want to make a cd/DVD to send to family which will play a slide show,
perhaps with commentary or music. I've googled a bit and found Picassa,
which doesn't make dvd player compatible disks. I've tried Photostory 3 and
that doesn't do it either - it makes a wmv file, which plays on PCs but not
on dvd players. So I think I will have to buy something.

What do people recommend?

Oldus Fartus 12-16-2005 03:54 PM

Re: putting pictures on a CD

Geoff Pearson wrote:
> I want to make a cd/DVD to send to family which will play a slide show,
> perhaps with commentary or music. I've googled a bit and found Picassa,
> which doesn't make dvd player compatible disks. I've tried Photostory 3 and
> that doesn't do it either - it makes a wmv file, which plays on PCs but not
> on dvd players. So I think I will have to buy something.
>
> What do people recommend?

Nero, or Ulead Video Workshop.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

John Inzer 12-16-2005 04:18 PM

Re: putting pictures on a CD

Oldus Fartus wrote:
> Geoff Pearson wrote:
>> I want to make a cd/DVD to send to family which will
>> play a slide show, perhaps with commentary or music.
>> I've googled a bit and found Picassa, which doesn't make
>> dvd player compatible disks. I've tried Photostory 3
>> and that doesn't do it either - it makes a wmv file,
>> which plays on PCs but not on dvd players. So I think I
>> will have to buy something.
>>
>> What do people recommend?

===============================
Maybe the following link will be useful:

Burn a Photo Story to DVD
and Watch It on Your TV
http://tinyurl.com/8aasp

--

John Inzer

Geoff Pearson 12-16-2005 04:20 PM

Re: putting pictures on a CD

"Oldus Fartus" <denisand@iiNOSPAMnet.net.au> wrote in message
> Geoff Pearson wrote:
>> I want to make a cd/DVD to send to family which will play a slide show,
>> perhaps with commentary or music. I've googled a bit and found Picassa,
>> which doesn't make dvd player compatible disks. I've tried Photostory 3
>> and that doesn't do it either - it makes a wmv file, which plays on PCs
>> but not on dvd players. So I think I will have to buy something.
>>
>> What do people recommend?

> Nero, or Ulead Video Workshop.
>
> --
> Cheers
> Oldus Fartus

I've got Nero! Which bit does it?

Geoff Pearson 12-16-2005 05:36 PM

Re: putting pictures on a CD

"John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
news:1vWdnZg5qaVMdT_enZ2dnUVZ_sKdnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
> Oldus Fartus wrote:
>> Geoff Pearson wrote:
>>> I want to make a cd/DVD to send to family which will
>>> play a slide show, perhaps with commentary or music. I've googled a bit
>>> and found Picassa, which doesn't make
>>> dvd player compatible disks. I've tried Photostory 3
>>> and that doesn't do it either - it makes a wmv file,
>>> which plays on PCs but not on dvd players. So I think I
>>> will have to buy something. What do people recommend?

> ===============================
> Maybe the following link will be useful:
>
> Burn a Photo Story to DVD and Watch It on Your TV
> http://tinyurl.com/8aasp
>
> --
>
> John Inzer

John

thanks for the suggestion - perhaps it was you that pointed out Photostory
to me a week or two ago. I did try it but then found I couldn't make a dvd
playable disk. But compared to Nero this is very complicated. In 10
minutes I have been able to make a test dick with Nero, using 100 photos
from 1927, and see it on my dvd player. I can see how to add sound and
track listing. This seems just what I was looking for, and I had it all the
time. Why does Nero make things so difficult - so many meaningless titles?

Geoff

Geoff Pearson 12-16-2005 05:36 PM

Re: putting pictures on a CD

"Geoff Pearson" <gspearson1647@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Oldus Fartus" <denisand@iiNOSPAMnet.net.au> wrote in message
>> Geoff Pearson wrote:
>>> I want to make a cd/DVD to send to family which will play a slide show,
>>> perhaps with commentary or music. I've googled a bit and found Picassa,
>>> which doesn't make dvd player compatible disks. I've tried Photostory 3
>>> and that doesn't do it either - it makes a wmv file, which plays on PCs
>>> but not on dvd players. So I think I will have to buy something.
>>>
>>> What do people recommend?

>> Nero, or Ulead Video Workshop.
>>
>> --
>> Cheers
>> Oldus Fartus

> I've got Nero! Which bit does it?

Found it and done it. Very pleased, thanks.

Oldus Fartus 12-17-2005 05:44 AM

Re: putting pictures on a CD

Geoff Pearson wrote:
> "Geoff Pearson" <gspearson1647@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>"Oldus Fartus" <denisand@iiNOSPAMnet.net.au> wrote in message

>>>Nero, or Ulead Video Workshop.
>>>
>>>--
>>>Cheers
>>>Oldus Fartus

>>I've got Nero! Which bit does it?
>>

> Found it and done it. Very pleased, thanks.

Pleased to help Geoff.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

Oldus Fartus 12-17-2005 05:45 AM

Re: putting pictures on a CD

John Inzer wrote:
> Oldus Fartus wrote:
>
>> Geoff Pearson wrote:
>>
>>> I want to make a cd/DVD to send to family which will
>>> play a slide show, perhaps with commentary or music. I've googled a
>>> bit and found Picassa, which doesn't make
>>> dvd player compatible disks. I've tried Photostory 3
>>> and that doesn't do it either - it makes a wmv file,
>>> which plays on PCs but not on dvd players. So I think I
>>> will have to buy something.
>>> What do people recommend?

> ===============================
> Maybe the following link will be useful:
>
> Burn a Photo Story to DVD and Watch It on Your TV
> http://tinyurl.com/8aasp

Not really John, I use either Nero or Ulead thanks.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

Piper 01-09-2006 09:20 PM

Re: putting pictures on a CD

"John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
news:1vWdnZg5qaVMdT_enZ2dnUVZ_sKdnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
> Oldus Fartus wrote:
> > Geoff Pearson wrote:
> >> I want to make a cd/DVD to send to family which will
> >> play a slide show, perhaps with commentary or music.
> >> I've googled a bit and found Picassa, which doesn't make
> >> dvd player compatible disks. I've tried Photostory 3
> >> and that doesn't do it either - it makes a wmv file,
> >> which plays on PCs but not on dvd players. So I think I
> >> will have to buy something.
> >>
> >> What do people recommend?

> ===============================
> Maybe the following link will be useful:
>
> Burn a Photo Story to DVD
> and Watch It on Your TV
> http://tinyurl.com/8aasp
>
> --
>
> John Inzer

John,
I found your link for putting photos on dvd and i thank you so much for it,
i love the photo story 3.I do have one problem.I cant seem to burn my story
on to my dvd player...i dont have the money for the sonic to burn it with.I
do have the dvd decrypter and dvd shrink.Is there any other way to burn my
story..thanks!
Piper

Donald 01-09-2006 09:33 PM

Re: putting pictures on a CD