Velocity Reviews

-   -   putting photos onto dvd (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t463502-putting-photos-onto-dvd.html)

Steve Charlton 12-10-2005 08:39 PM

putting photos onto dvd

in the past I have used ulead DVD pictureshow 2 to put all the photos from
my camera onto a dvd to watch on my telly. It allows you to make slideshows
with your choice of music in the background etc which was pretty successful.
However I was wondering of any other software was available which I could
use which would have a choice of different transitions between pics and some
other advanced features.

any ideas guys?

ezelcucuy 12-10-2005 11:11 PM

Re: putting photos onto dvd

If you are running XP just download Microsoft Photo Story 3 for Windows XP and you are in bussiness its free by the way.

wayne pendleton 12-11-2005 12:08 AM

Re: putting photos onto dvd

Roxio Videowave has all kinds of transitions in it's software

WEP

striker 12-11-2005 11:47 AM

Re: putting photos onto dvd

If you have Windows XP you have Microsoft Movie Maker, does transitions and
can add music and titles.

Geoff Pearson 12-11-2005 04:37 PM

Re: putting photos onto dvd

"ezelcucuy" <elsenorcucuy-news@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:vgJmf.29560$7h7.21725@newssvr21.news.prodigy. com...
If you are running XP just download Microsoft Photo Story 3 for Windows XP
and you are in bussiness its free by the way.

"Steve Charlton" <s.charlton00@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> in the past I have used ulead DVD pictureshow 2 to put all the photos from
> my camera onto a dvd to watch on my telly. It allows you to make
> slideshows
> with your choice of music in the background etc which was pretty
> successful.
> However I was wondering of any other software was available which I could
> use which would have a choice of different transitions between pics and
> some
> other advanced features.
>
> any ideas guys?

I've downloaded this and made a test story. Will a wmv file play on a
standard DVD player? There was no option for anything other than wmv.

old jon 12-11-2005 04:46 PM

Re: putting photos onto dvd

"Geoff Pearson" <gspearson1647@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "ezelcucuy" <elsenorcucuy-news@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:vgJmf.29560$7h7.21725@newssvr21.news.prodigy. com...
> If you are running XP just download Microsoft Photo Story 3 for Windows XP
> and you are in bussiness its free by the way.
>

> "Steve Charlton" <s.charlton00@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> in the past I have used ulead DVD pictureshow 2 to put all the photos
>> from
>> my camera onto a dvd to watch on my telly. It allows you to make
>> slideshows
>> with your choice of music in the background etc which was pretty
>> successful.
>> However I was wondering of any other software was available which I could
>> use which would have a choice of different transitions between pics and
>> some
>> other advanced features.
>>
>> any ideas guys?
>>

> I've downloaded this and made a test story. Will a wmv file play on a
> standard DVD player? There was no option for anything other than wmv.

You need to know what formats your DVD player can handle. Some are more
versatile than others.
bw..OJ