Velocity Reviews

-   -   making it faster (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t463360-making-it-faster.html)

derek 12-09-2005 10:20 AM

making it faster

I want to play far cry but my computer isnt fast enough apparently.How easy
is it to change the processor,do you need special tools?I have a soldering
iron and some screwdrivers and suchlike.

philo 12-09-2005 12:06 PM

Re: making it faster

derek wrote:
> I want to play far cry but my computer isnt fast enough apparently.How easy
> is it to change the processor,do you need special tools?I have a soldering
> iron and some screwdrivers and suchlike.

most cpu's are in sockets and are not soldered.
for the few machines that do have soldered-in cpu's
you'd never be able to use a soldering iron...
they are wave-soldered.

maybe all you need is more RAM

Mikey 12-09-2005 04:31 PM

Re: making it faster

derek wrote:

> I want to play far cry but my computer isnt fast enough apparently.How easy
> is it to change the processor,do you need special tools?I have a soldering
> iron and some screwdrivers and suchlike.

You need a crowbar (to get the old one out) and a hammer (to get the new one
in).