Velocity Reviews

-   -   MCSA Surprise (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t46279-mcsa-surprise.html)

JTT 08-13-2003 10:02 PM

MCSA Surprise

Let me first start off by saying that I've been one of those individuals
that did not care for certifications. Mainly because in one interveiw many
years ago I wasn't asked back for a 2nd, and out of the 12 people, I was the
only one that had real world hands on experience. Of course that was back
in the days of NT 4.0 server.

Recently I was required to obtain my MCSE so that we could sell Cisco IP
telephony. I've been working with Microsoft for some years now, install,
configuring, and maintaining server environment. So I just picked my tests
from the list on which ones I felt I would do best in.

When I took 70-218 as an elective the pre-exam survey asked when I planned
to complete my MCSA and I picked "never". Imagine my surpise a week later
when I received an e-mail from Microsoft that I was an MCSA.

Needless to say, as of Friday August 8th, I am now a MCP/MCSA/MCSE. It was
a pleasant surprise to become a MCSA without even trying for it.

Good luck to those who work hard and have actually worked on a server!

JTT

Diana Myers 08-14-2003 07:29 PM

Re: MCSA Surprise

JTT,

With the certifications that you took to become MCSE certified you probably
only need to take the 70-218 test to become MCSA certified. Check
Microsoft's website and I"m sure that is what you will find. The MCSA only
requires 4 exams, three core exams which includes the 70-218 and then one
elective exam. Exams that you already took to receive your MCSE counted
toward your MCSA.

Diana

Maestro 08-14-2003 08:46 PM

Re: MCSA Surprise

Did you actually read the post you responded to?

RoGuE 08-15-2003 02:19 AM

Re: MCSA Surprise

No ****!! another dumbass.