Velocity Reviews

-   -   Logon Screen (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t462740-logon-screen.html)

Grace 11-29-2005 09:00 AM

Logon Screen

How do I get rid of the Log On screen that appears so that when the computer
starts up, it just goes straight to my desktop?

Thanks, Grace

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?= 11-29-2005 09:43 AM

Re: Logon Screen

http://www.absey-vine.co.uk/helpdesk/windows.html

why? 11-29-2005 01:25 PM

Re: Logon Screen

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 17:00:29 +0800, Grace wrote:

>How do I get rid of the Log On screen that appears so that when the computer
>starts up, it just goes straight to my desktop?

Which o-p-e-r-a-t-i-n-g s-y-s-t-e-m? It may make a difference to the
answers you get.

If it's Windows XP and the default user account permissions are
administrator, you don't want to do that it's a security risk.

If you still want to go that way,
search www.google.com using the keywords

Windows XP Auto Login

Or id it's another version of Windows, hence a MS product try a search
here http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

See the 2nd URL, the MS one 1st.

Windows XP Auto Login. You can configure Windows XP to automate the
logon process
if your computer is not part of a domain. Computers configured in a ...
http://8help.osu.edu/2063.html - 11k - Cached - Similar pages

How to turn on automatic logon in Windows XP
Describes how to use Registry Editor to automate the logon process in
Windows XP.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315231 - Similar pages

Configure Windows XP to Automatically Login
For Windows XP Home, don't try to auto-login as the built-in
Administrator, as
you'll receive a restrictions error. Method 2: Using TweakUI ...
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Autologon.htm - 10k - Cached - Similar pages

Windows XP: Auto Logon to Windows XP
Tip: How to configure Windows to automate the logon process.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ips/knox2.mspx - 18k
- Cached - Similar pages

Annoyances.org - Get Rid of the Logon Screen
If you have one user account and no password configured, Windows XP will
log you
.... but need it to Auto Logon (Darin: Monday, July 21, 2003); [Windows
XP] ...
www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article04-103 - 18k - 27 Nov 2005 - Cached
- Similar pages

>Thanks, Grace