Velocity Reviews

-   -   Oddity (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t461562-oddity.html)

Alt-Ctrl-Del 11-11-2005 12:19 AM

Oddity

Hello everyone, XP SP2 / OE6

I had Outlook Express open and was connected to the Internet. I was
visiting this room and just reading some of the posts. I left the room
for a few minutes and when I came back, all the messages in the group were
expanded, I don't have them set to expand until I read them.

Not only that, they were expanded and scrolling down as if someone else
had their hand on the mouse and was clicking on the scroll down arrow.
Scrolling by extremely fast also. And then it stopped and opened up one
of those stupid money making scheme posts way down near the bottom of all
the posts that I have downloaded.

Nothing happened, it just opened the post and that was it, no more
scrolling, no nothing.

Any ideas what may have caused this to happen?

Alt.

--
"Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, 5-II, 227, all unsolicited commercial
email sent to this address is subject to a download and archival fee in

Unk 11-11-2005 01:49 AM

Re: Oddity

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 00:19:51 GMT, "Alt-Ctrl-Del" <Alt-Ctrl-Del/@________------------{{{{
}}}}.net> wrote:

>Hello everyone, XP SP2 / OE6
>
>I had Outlook Express open and was connected to the Internet. I was
>visiting this room and just reading some of the posts. I left the room
>for a few minutes and when I came back, all the messages in the group were
>expanded, I don't have them set to expand until I read them.
>
>Not only that, they were expanded and scrolling down as if someone else
>had their hand on the mouse and was clicking on the scroll down arrow.
>Scrolling by extremely fast also. And then it stopped and opened up one
>of those stupid money making scheme posts way down near the bottom of all
>the posts that I have downloaded.
>
>Nothing happened, it just opened the post and that was it, no more
>scrolling, no nothing.
>
>Any ideas what may have caused this to happen?
>
>Alt.

You must have used Ghost on that drive...

Alt-Ctrl-Del 11-11-2005 03:08 AM

Re: Oddity

"Unk" <not@aol.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 00:19:51 GMT, "Alt-Ctrl-Del"
> <Alt-Ctrl-Del/@________------------{{{{
> }}}}.net> wrote:
>
>>Hello everyone, XP SP2 / OE6
>>
>>I had Outlook Express open and was connected to the Internet. I was
>>visiting this room and just reading some of the posts. I left the room
>>for a few minutes and when I came back, all the messages in the group
>>were
>>expanded, I don't have them set to expand until I read them.
>>
>>Not only that, they were expanded and scrolling down as if someone else
>>had their hand on the mouse and was clicking on the scroll down arrow.
>>Scrolling by extremely fast also. And then it stopped and opened up one
>>of those stupid money making scheme posts way down near the bottom of
>>all
>>the posts that I have downloaded.
>>
>>Nothing happened, it just opened the post and that was it, no more
>>scrolling, no nothing.
>>
>>Any ideas what may have caused this to happen?
>>
>>Alt.

> You must have used Ghost on that drive...

No Unk, I am serious. It was kind of weird though. I had this group open
and had read a couple of posts. I left the house for a few minutes, came
back in and all the posts in the group had been expanded and they were
scrolling down on their own. I have never seen anything like it.

Alt.

Evan Platt 11-11-2005 04:01 AM

Re: Oddity

<Alt-Ctrl-Del/@________------------{{{{ }}}}.net> wrote:

>I had Outlook Express open

Say no more. There's your problem.

Alt-Ctrl-Del 11-11-2005 04:30 AM

Re: Oddity

> On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 00:19:51 GMT, "Alt-Ctrl-Del"
>
>>I had Outlook Express open

> Say no more. There's your problem.

Yeah, maybe so Evan. I kind of wish it would do it again, just so I could
be here when it started and maybe learn something else about it.

Alt.