Velocity Reviews

-   -   Configuring Firewall on ZoneAlarm Free?? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t461541-configuring-firewall-on-zonealarm-free.html)

santa 11-10-2005 06:56 PM

Configuring Firewall on ZoneAlarm Free??

Would you be able to tell me exactly how to configure ZoneAlarm Free on
main computer so that my laptop can connect with it without having to
shut down zonealarm so as the laptop can use the computer's printer and
broadband connection?? I am using wireless network and everythings
working properly when zonealarm is shut down but would like to keep
zonealarm on so everything stays safe while on-line. Thanks

Evan Platt 11-10-2005 07:54 PM

Re: Configuring Firewall on ZoneAlarm Free??

On 10 Nov 2005 10:56:40 -0800, "santa"
<keith.dickenson@btopenworld.com> wrote:

>Would you be able to tell me exactly how to configure ZoneAlarm Free on
>main computer so that my laptop can connect with it without having to
>shut down zonealarm so as the laptop can use the computer's printer and
>broadband connection?? I am using wireless network and everythings
>working properly when zonealarm is shut down but would like to keep
>zonealarm on so everything stays safe while on-line. Thanks

I wouldn't recommend Zone Alarm. MANY MANY problems.

I use Sygate, and haven't had a problem with it on 2 computers.

santa 11-10-2005 08:00 PM

Re: Configuring Firewall on ZoneAlarm Free??

ok thanks for the advice.

PC 11-10-2005 09:50 PM

"santa" <keith.dickenson@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
news:1131649000.314870.236390@g49g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
> Would you be able to tell me exactly how to configure ZoneAlarm Free on
> main computer so that my laptop can connect with it without having to
> shut down zonealarm so as the laptop can use the computer's printer and
> broadband connection?? I am using wireless network and everythings
> working properly when zonealarm is shut down but would like to keep
> zonealarm on so everything stays safe while on-line. Thanks

Set a 'Trusted' IP range to match that asigned to your two PC's
(Firewall on the left menu, Zones tab across the top, Add>>, IP Range and
fill in the numbers.
eg if your PC is 192.168.1.3 the laptop 192.168.1.5 and the gateway
192.168.1.1 then set the trusted range to 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.255.
(could also be in the 10.x.x.x or 172.16.x.x - 172.31.x.x ranges)
To find your IP address:
XP control panel, network connections, right click your LAN /Ethernet icon,
left click 'Status', click the 'support' tab.
Win 9x start, run, enter "winipcfg" press enter, select your ethernet
adapter from the dropdown.

Cheers
Paul.

Webbie 11-12-2005 12:26 AM

Re: Configuring Firewall on ZoneAlarm Free??

ZoneAlarm walkthrough:
http://www.leeindy.com/firewall_zonealarm-1.shtml