Velocity Reviews

-   -   Ad-Aware (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t461516-ad-aware.html)

Malcolm 11-10-2005 06:13 AM

Ad-Aware

Hi Folks,

I have tried to download the latest version of Ad-Aware SE Personal
edition a few times today and every time my AVG anti virus tells me
there is a Trojan in the file. Any one know what is going on??????????

TIA

Later,
Malcolm

Plato 11-10-2005 06:44 AM

Re: Ad-Aware

Malcolm wrote:

> I have tried to download the latest version of Ad-Aware SE Personal
> edition a few times today and every time my AVG anti virus tells me
> there is a Trojan in the file. Any one know what is going on??????????

AVG is mistaken.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Evan Platt 11-10-2005 06:48 AM

Re: Ad-Aware

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 06:13:00 GMT, Malcolm <malcolm34465@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I have tried to download the latest version of Ad-Aware SE Personal
>edition a few times today and every time my AVG anti virus tells me
>there is a Trojan in the file. Any one know what is going on??????????

If you are downloading from Ad-Aware's site, I'm guessing a false
positive.

PC 11-10-2005 09:00 AM

Re: Ad-Aware

"Malcolm" <malcolm34465@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi Folks,
>
> I have tried to download the latest version of Ad-Aware SE Personal
> edition a few times today and every time my AVG anti virus tells me
> there is a Trojan in the file. Any one know what is going on??????????
>

> TIA
>
> Later,
> Malcolm

Version 171 database fixes it.
Available now via normal update channels.

Paul.

Noel Paton 11-10-2005 04:24 PM

Re: Ad-Aware

"Malcolm" <malcolm34465@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi Folks,
>
> I have tried to download the latest version of Ad-Aware SE Personal
> edition a few times today and every time my AVG anti virus tells me
> there is a Trojan in the file. Any one know what is going on??????????

This is a false-positive from AVG - update that, and it clears the error

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2006, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
http://www.crashfixpc.com/millsrpch.htm

http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

Malcolm 11-10-2005 06:19 PM

Re: Ad-Aware

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 16:24:37 +0000 (UTC), "Noel Paton"
<NoelDPspamless@btopenworld.com> wrote:

>"Malcolm" <malcolm34465@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:t3p5n1le2p39pvvck4auvleduu5hqn9csj@4ax.com.. .
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> I have tried to download the latest version of Ad-Aware SE Personal
>> edition a few times today and every time my AVG anti virus tells me
>> there is a Trojan in the file. Any one know what is going on??????????
>>

>This is a false-positive from AVG - update that, and it clears the error

Thanks for the info folks, I appreciate it.

TIA

Later,
Malcolm