Velocity Reviews

-   -   portable hard drive (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t461418-portable-hard-drive.html)

Warren Davies 11-09-2005 03:04 PM

portable hard drive

I hae just made up a portable hard drive with a maxtor drive and caddy. When
plugged into the USB port it is recognised but will not show up in My
Computer. This means I cannot use it. Any suggestions please.

MJP 11-09-2005 03:27 PM

Re: portable hard drive

"Warren Davies" <warren@boxxxxxxx.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> I hae just made up a portable hard drive with a maxtor drive and caddy.

When
> plugged into the USB port it is recognised but will not show up in My
> Computer. This means I cannot use it. Any suggestions please.

Is the drive partitioned and formatted?

If not if using XP go to disk management and partition the drive.

MJP