Velocity Reviews

-   -   OT | Jobless tech exec keeps applying (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t45992-ot-jobless-tech-exec-keeps-applying.html)

David V. Dellanno 07-24-2003 02:01 PM

OT | Jobless tech exec keeps applying

http://www.msnbc.com/news/931060.asp?0si=-

Chad Henderson's consulting business was hurt by 9/11

How come I don't feel sorry for this guy? I knew about this before
2001...its going to get worse..."A recent report by Forrester Research
predicted that outsourcing to countries like India, the Philippines and
China would cost 3.3 million American jobs and result in $136 billion in
lost wages by 2015. "
--
Regards,

David V. Dellanno - MCSE, MCP+I, MCP
MSDEMO Consultants
Williams Place
2564 Bridgewood Lane
Snellville, Georgia 30078 USA
(770) 736-8794 (Office)
msdemo.net

Consultant 07-24-2003 02:10 PM

Re: OT | Jobless tech exec keeps applying

who cares

billyw 07-24-2003 03:25 PM

Re: OT | Jobless tech exec keeps applying

in truth that is a sad incitement of your culture and show's the short
comings of it.
the fact is no one cares. people are only interested in what they can get
for themselves at the cheapest price, forgetting that in doing so they are
pricing others and ultimately themselves out of work.
the selfishness of US culture could be it's very undoing.

Jtyc 07-24-2003 04:25 PM

Re: OT | Jobless tech exec keeps applying

> in truth that is a sad incitement of your culture and show's the short
> comings of it.

That's why we pledged 15 billion dollars to fight AIDS in Africa.

billyw 07-24-2003 04:38 PM

Re: OT | Jobless tech exec keeps applying

country flaming..
your a complete arse aren't you. where at anypoint have i flamed a country.
i made a statement based on my personal opinions of US culture and in doing
so by connection uk culture which follows US to an extent.
you really need to get that chip looked at, it needs a little work

"Wild Man^^" <wildman@mindless.com> wrote in message
> Excuse me? If you want to discuss something like this, could we keep
> country flaming out of it? Unless you are a US citizen you have no idea
> about our "culture". I've seen a tornado hit a downtown area here (in the
> southern US), and literally hundreds of volunteers from surrounding areas
> showing up to help. I've seen so many people here in the US helping
> neighbors in times of a natural disaster, that by the time the national
> gaurd showed up no one needed help anymore. I've seen this country time

and

Jtyc 07-24-2003 04:46 PM

Re: OT | Jobless tech exec keeps applying

> i dont mean that. I mean the lack of support for indigenous industries
> within the western world, we are busy selling ourselves down the river.
> the UK seems intent on following the US.

Yes, I see your point. But what is the solution? Do you force companies to
employ people? They'd just leave the country.

Jtyc 07-24-2003 05:08 PM

Re: OT | Jobless tech exec keeps applying

> no people need to get educated. if it has made in china on it, (or france
> for that matter) dont buy it. if it costs a few quid more so what..

Some things I can't buy then. Like an American flag for instance.

What kind of computer can I get? Don't AMD and Intel have their
manufacturing overseas?

I think if you want to help Americans (or in your case Britains) keep their
jobs, we need to do away with crap like unions and minimum wage (although I
don't honestly know if that's a problem in Britain). Why the hell should
unskilled workers get paid large salaries? This just drives companies to
places overseas for that unskilled labor.

Wild Man^^ 07-24-2003 06:09 PM

Re: OT | Jobless tech exec keeps applying

You are probably right about me, but I did my post without an insult or name
calling. And I didn't make any claims about anyone's home land. But, I do
apologize for my chip at any rate.

Kendal Emery 07-24-2003 06:28 PM

Re: OT | Jobless tech exec keeps applying

Actually, I do feel sorry for him. But, after reading the article, I wsa
rather impressed by him also. Yeah, he had a 6 figure income that died
9/11, but he had no to little credit card debt, paid for everything with
cash, and, although I would find different health insurance, seems to be
doing all right.

I just hope I could do that good if the bottom dropped out.

Systems Administrator
Coordinated Home Care
kemery@coordinatedhomecare.me.com
remove me to email to me
"David V. Dellanno" <ddellanno@msdemo.com> wrote in message
> http://www.msnbc.com/news/931060.asp?0si=-
>
> Chad Henderson's consulting business was hurt by 9/11
>
> How come I don't feel sorry for this guy? I knew about this before
> 2001...its going to get worse..."A recent report by Forrester Research
> predicted that outsourcing to countries like India, the Philippines and
> China would cost 3.3 million American jobs and result in $136 billion in
> lost wages by 2015. "
> --
> Regards,
>
> David V. Dellanno - MCSE, MCP+I, MCP
> MSDEMO Consultants
> Williams Place
> 2564 Bridgewood Lane
> Snellville, Georgia 30078 USA
> (770) 736-8794 (Office)
> msdemo.net

07-24-2003 06:48 PM

Re: OT | Jobless tech exec keeps applying

Feeling a little sensitive are we? I think you missed the
whole point of his comments. I'm an American and happen
to agree with his opinion.

ever in trouble I